cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Saturday Ground Delivery

mackerman
Occasional Contributor

Hey,

We would like to ship something ground on Thursday or Friday using UPS ground to destinations that are within the UPS shipping radius that should get the packages to arrive by Saturday. 

However, when we check "Saturday delivery" we are not able to print a label. This is using ShipStation's UPS account. 

Thoughts? 

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello @mackerman and @PLANTERIUMUSA

Thanks for posting in the community about this behavior you are seeing. 

To my knowledge, we haven't seen widespread reports of Saturday delivery issues. With that in mind, if there is a specific error message you are seeing populate when attempting to make that label, our support team would be happy to check into that error code directly 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

View solution in original post

From what I've seen, Saturday UPS delivery to a Residential address is extra $. So my assumption is that it won't be delivered until Monday if you don't pay for the Saturday delivery. Saturday delivery to a Business address isn't extra, so I assume it would be delivered on Saturday if they are open. (This is just going off what I've pieced together, mind you.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PLANTERIUMUSA
Occasional Contributor

I did have that issue too. Would love to get help with that as well. 

Hello @mackerman and @PLANTERIUMUSA

Thanks for posting in the community about this behavior you are seeing. 

To my knowledge, we haven't seen widespread reports of Saturday delivery issues. With that in mind, if there is a specific error message you are seeing populate when attempting to make that label, our support team would be happy to check into that error code directly 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

mackerman
Occasional Contributor

I guess the question is then: if we don't check Saturday delivery on a UPS ground shipment that ships on a Thursday to a destination that it should arrive to by Saturday, will it still get there on Saturday? 

Thanks

From what I've seen, Saturday UPS delivery to a Residential address is extra $. So my assumption is that it won't be delivered until Monday if you don't pay for the Saturday delivery. Saturday delivery to a Business address isn't extra, so I assume it would be delivered on Saturday if they are open. (This is just going off what I've pieced together, mind you.)

At least from my experience, when I click on the box that says "Saturday Delivery" for 1lb UPS ground package - it doesn't even calculate the rate for me. So no error code, its just that nothing happens. Now that being said, this could come from UPS's side, and not shipstation. 

mackerman
Occasional Contributor

FWIW this feature seems to be working fine for us now, using UPS via ShipStation (as opposed to our own UPS account.)

We can check the Saturday delivery box, and it looks like it calculates a new, slightly higher rate. Exactly what that rate is I believe subject to complex rules by UPS related to the exact address you are shipping to and where you are shipping from. 

Hope that helps. For us this issue is solved.