cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sales655
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order. So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order. Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.
195 Comments
will5
Occasional Contributor
This would be an incredibly useful feature for us! We have slow times in the winter and our full time staff will ship, but in the summer we hire more help and this would be an invaluable feature when it comes to newer staff that aren't as familiar with the product.
jbrunet
Rookie
Hi Shipstation Team, The fact that this feature is not there is forcing us using another software that integrates with Shipstation, for inventory management of the channels and having this scanning feature to avoid the packing mistakes. Will be great to have it with Shipstation. Thanks.
bullymaxusps
First-timer (legacy)
Hey guys, I see that the status went from planned, to under review. Also, the first time it was planned was back in 2013. Is this something that is do-able? or should we look elsewhere. Thank you.
MrFent
Occasional Contributor
Since this is the most voted for request (by almost twice as much as #2 on the list) I'd say that this discussion is still "active" I'm not sure what else we can say to get the developer's attention. This most recent comment by shipstation seems to be a general reply that I've seen in many other threads. I wonder if they even read this, or better yet, if we could get an actual answer about this particular topic. It's been over 5 years people!!!
dking
First-timer (legacy)
Please. Just, please.... This feature would allow us to continue to use Shipstation. We need the ability to scan items as we pack to increase accuracy. Have been waiting for this and will eventually need to find another solution as we continue to grow due to the importance of this feature. Thanks for listening.
alecia1
First-timer (legacy)
Why is this not completed? It was planned and is back to under review.
carolyn1
First-timer (legacy)
I really need the ability to scan UPCs while packing an order so that my team can avoid errors. We already use ShipStation for picklists, so we'd like to scan while picking and packing in ShipStation also. Then a feature could be toggled on an off not allowing a shipment to get shipped until it's been scanned and completely packed.
jeffdirectpb
First-timer (legacy)
I agree this would be huge feature for shipstation. We sell 25,000 different SKUS so there is alot of items our shippers never see before. Verification is very important. 1) Scan packing slip 2) Scan Barcode 3) Will give you a green light if barcode matches order, red for fail. Won't let you ship unless green.
fluffypenguinco
First-timer (legacy)
Yes yes yes! Love this! I'm looking for third party software to do this for me but I would LOVE to stick to ShipStation for as much as possible.
MrFent
Occasional Contributor
Any updates?