cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns paid for by customer?

NEV
Contributor

Is there a way to set up certain returns to be postage paid for by customer? I ran the returns portal pretending to be a customer and selected "Changed my mind" and the return was automatically accepted and a label was immediately ready. Indicating that we are paying for return shipping. We do not want every return scenario to be our cost. Is there a way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey there @NEV

You are correct, currently, if a return label is created, you as the merchant would pay that cost. There is not at this time a way to charge the customer for the label via ShipStation. 

With that in mind, I'm sure some other users have figured out how to do this, although outside of our platform, and I absolutely encourage them to share their solutions! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hey there @NEV

You are correct, currently, if a return label is created, you as the merchant would pay that cost. There is not at this time a way to charge the customer for the label via ShipStation. 

With that in mind, I'm sure some other users have figured out how to do this, although outside of our platform, and I absolutely encourage them to share their solutions! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Free returns is on the decline. Currently, only 49% of online retailers offer free returns, so the Shipstation returns management process does not work for the other 51%. 

Like many retailers, we pay return postage if we messed up. However, the customer pays return postage if they change their mind. We need a returns process that works for both scenarios.