cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erica4
First-timer (legacy)
Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it. Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing slip in a batch, since I don't typically include packing slips with my orders.
114 Comments
NickH
New Contributor
I have solved this problem by developing a Chrome extension that will import gift message and gift wrap info for your Etsy orders. I've been using it for months now. If anyone is interested, reach out to me at WeddingsByMae@Gmail.com
12cwest
New Contributor
You said you "will update this post when we have more information about this." As many of us have been pointing out over the past four years, and multiple times after you replied to the post, Etsy includes gift messages in their API - https://www.etsy.com/developers/documentation/reference/receipt (see fields "is_gift" & "gift_message"). Please update the post as promised.
camimonet
First-timer (legacy)
BRO LET'S GET THIS. I want to sync Etsy with Shipstation but the gift messages is a MUST. PLEASE make this happen. It's freakin' 2021.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
In addition to importing the gift_flag and gift_message from Etsy, we've also just added the ability to map the gift wrap + price to your ShipStation custom fields. To do this, edit your Etsy store settings in ShipStation and set one of the custom fields to "Gift wrap + price". Once set, those details will import into the custom field you assigned.