cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you restoring/duplicating an order in V3?

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

Since Shipstation took away the "restore" order button in V3, how are you handling this now?

The last I checked (a couple months ago) on V3 if you used the "duplicate" order function it would wipe all the line items on the 'new' duplicated order. And Shipstation has deemed this as a non-issue. They said I should manually write down all the line items across ALL the packing slips LOL.

So how are the rest of you handling this? 

21 REPLIES 21

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused... pretty sure I have the new version, but I also have these options. Are these not what you need?

restore1.png

restore2.png

The last I knew the restore function was ONLY from cancelled status (like in your screenshot). But I almost never need that. The #1 common scenario is when a package gets lost in transit and the customer opts for replacement... in V2 you can restore an order from 'shipped' status and it just moves back to 'awaiting shipment' with ALL details of the original order still in tact. Do you have that option from shipped status?

AH! No, we don't. But, opposite of you, we've almost never needed the way you use it. Shipping ~18k packages a month, we're lucky that we rarely have packages get lost. Still, I can see how it would be a VERY useful function!

Could you not use Create Another Shipment when looking at the Shipped ordercreate.png?

When you use that button it'll wipe out all the line items from the packing slip, and then nobody knows what goes in the package... you either need to be tied to the computer and/or write down all the line items by hand onto the packing slip. It's quite insane LOL... and even more insane that Shipstation is fully aware of this and deemed it a non-issue LOL 🤔🙄

Hey there @Ms_Sarcastic and @jeremy_S-and-S

We have received a lot of feedback about the ability to restore shipped orders to Awaiting Shipment. Our product team absolutely is planning on adding this feature back to ShipStation. There are several different use cases around this capability and our product design team has been working to ensure the functionality we add meets our merchants’ needs appropriately.

We expect this work to start soon, but do not have an ETA for when this update will be ready to go live. We will definitely update the related discussion posts, including this one, when we have more information 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

That's good to hear! I've been pretty frustrated with each time Shipstation chat support completely blowing this off like it's a non-issue, and even worse saying things like "oh just manually write down all the line items on all the packing slips" 🤣

Is there ANY rough ETA on this? Like even if it's slated for this year?

Is there a public roadmap? So we can see which features are coming next. 

Howdy @Ms_Sarcastic,

In the spirit of providing transparency, we do not currently have an ETA. I know that is not the answer that you were hoping for, but I just want to be direct and honest with you. I can confirm that this IS being worked on though! 

We do not have a public roadmap currently, but I will be happy to reach out and see if this is something that we can provide. If one becomes publicly available, we will certainly share it! 

Oh my gosh, yes please tell me this is true. 
I can not migrate to V3 due to this issue. Im surprised and feel like I could not be the only one. 

We simply need to either restore. OR - Create Another Shipment (which I do like, because it shows records) But we need to have the SKU and buyer notes, seller notes etc... 

If I could simply create another shipment. Then add the items. That would be fine. 

But yes, Need this restore back

I've been reporting this 'problem' since the new version came out in January 2020. We're coming up on TWO YEARS of this. Shipstation should definitely win an award for slowest to fix things on a software as a service EVER.

Any update on this critically missing feature????

Moderator-Davis

Thanks everyone for your patience!

We’ve spoken with the developers working on this feature in the new layout and we currently expect to deploy this update early in January. We will definitely update this thread when the release goes live.

cdavis
First-timer

The RESTORE button used to be available in the old version of Shipstation to put a previously-shipped (or cancelled) order back in the queue. Now in the new version, it is only available for cancelled orders.

Yes there is an option to "Create another shipment" but if the products in the order have previously shipped, the new shipment via the "Create another shipment" option has NO products in it...

We require the RESTORE button for previously shipped orders in cases where shipments get lost in transit. While we could create a Manual order in place of this, it's way more work. The old version was more convenient for this.

Hello there @cdavis

Thanks for posting in the community! 

I am happy to report that the Restore button is actively being worked on and we are expecting to release near the beginning of the year! 🙂 

Moderator-Davis

Howdy y'all! 

We are pleased to announce that our product team has completed and rolled out the "Restore" feature for our New Layout.

Check out this article in our knowledge base for how to reship your order, now including the restore option. 

Happy shipping everyone 🙂 

For the love of all that is holy.... why are line items BLANK with this restore feature?

🤦‍♀️

@Moderator-Davis can you let me know when the line items BLANK is estimated to be fixed? When you said this feature was brought back you did not say only half of it was brought back. The old original restore LITERALLY restored the entire original order WITH line items in tact and did not change anything. 

@BearTone @cdavis @sales22 I assume ya'll are seeing the same thing? I hope we don't have to wait another 2 years before they fix this again. By that point SS will be on v4 and we'll forever be stuck in this constant cycle 😵💫

Hey there!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

The full restore feature is still currently in review. However, I am absolutely keeping an eye on it, and when I know more, you will certainly be updated accordingly. 

Thank you for your patience 🙂   

Currently in review?

I can tell you that Note From Buyer, Custom Column 1, Custom Column 2, and Custom Column 3 all stay in tact when you restore an order.

HOWEVER, when you PRINT the restored order it suppresses the "Note From Buyer" field, which makes it so that this field prints out blank... But yet all 3 custom column fields print just fine. This is in addition to the line items being blank since they were stripped immediately upon clicking restore.

On what planet does this make ANY logical sense?

nick48
First-timer

I'm adding to the thread so I receive a notification when it's ready. I would love this feature!

joeNorris
First-timer

I am always on the go, so when a customer calls me with a lost or damaged order, I restore the order through my Shipstation phone app.  My shipper uses the Shipstation service from a desktop browser and reships the order after I restored the order.  Shipstation is useless to me without this feature.   I can ship direct from Paypal if I want to do this manually.