cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

Since Shipstation took away the "restore" order button in V3, how are you handling this now?

The last I checked (a couple months ago) on V3 if you used the "duplicate" order function it would wipe all the line items on the 'new' duplicated order. And Shipstation has deemed this as a non-issue. They said I should manually write down all the line items across ALL the packing slips LOL.

So how are the rest of you handling this? 

30 Comments
jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

I'm confused... pretty sure I have the new version, but I also have these options. Are these not what you need?

restore1.png

restore2.png

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

The last I knew the restore function was ONLY from cancelled status (like in your screenshot). But I almost never need that. The #1 common scenario is when a package gets lost in transit and the customer opts for replacement... in V2 you can restore an order from 'shipped' status and it just moves back to 'awaiting shipment' with ALL details of the original order still in tact. Do you have that option from shipped status?

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

AH! No, we don't. But, opposite of you, we've almost never needed the way you use it. Shipping ~18k packages a month, we're lucky that we rarely have packages get lost. Still, I can see how it would be a VERY useful function!

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

Could you not use Create Another Shipment when looking at the Shipped ordercreate.png?

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

When you use that button it'll wipe out all the line items from the packing slip, and then nobody knows what goes in the package... you either need to be tied to the computer and/or write down all the line items by hand onto the packing slip. It's quite insane LOL... and even more insane that Shipstation is fully aware of this and deemed it a non-issue LOL 🤔🙄

Hey there @Ms_Sarcastic and @jeremy_S-and-S

We have received a lot of feedback about the ability to restore shipped orders to Awaiting Shipment. Our product team absolutely is planning on adding this feature back to ShipStation. There are several different use cases around this capability and our product design team has been working to ensure the functionality we add meets our merchants’ needs appropriately.

We expect this work to start soon, but do not have an ETA for when this update will be ready to go live. We will definitely update the related discussion posts, including this one, when we have more information 🙂 

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

That's good to hear! I've been pretty frustrated with each time Shipstation chat support completely blowing this off like it's a non-issue, and even worse saying things like "oh just manually write down all the line items on all the packing slips" 🤣

Is there ANY rough ETA on this? Like even if it's slated for this year?

Is there a public roadmap? So we can see which features are coming next. 

Howdy @Ms_Sarcastic,

In the spirit of providing transparency, we do not currently have an ETA. I know that is not the answer that you were hoping for, but I just want to be direct and honest with you. I can confirm that this IS being worked on though! 

We do not have a public roadmap currently, but I will be happy to reach out and see if this is something that we can provide. If one becomes publicly available, we will certainly share it! 

BearTone
Occasional Contributor

Oh my gosh, yes please tell me this is true. 
I can not migrate to V3 due to this issue. Im surprised and feel like I could not be the only one. 

We simply need to either restore. OR - Create Another Shipment (which I do like, because it shows records) But we need to have the SKU and buyer notes, seller notes etc... 

If I could simply create another shipment. Then add the items. That would be fine. 

But yes, Need this restore back

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

I've been reporting this 'problem' since the new version came out in January 2020. We're coming up on TWO YEARS of this. Shipstation should definitely win an award for slowest to fix things on a software as a service EVER.