cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carriers Defined - Suggestion for ShipStation Development Team

Info363
First-timer

I have Carriers Defined in my Profile/Settings.  ShipStation GUI offers the option to make these Carriers INACTIVE in the Monthly Plan Selection.  So common sense would make me think that the $5 charge per month (for Carriers) would not be applied.  In fact the Plan selection interface eliminates the $5 charge and indeed states it will not be charged.   

But - not the case.  ShipStation Support states that if your profile has Carriers Defined - then you will be charged the $5 Carrier Fee..... even though the Carriers are active.  I would prefer not to delete the Carrier Definitions as I need to use them during certain timeframes/seasons.   Unless I misunderstand this, I believe ShipStation Developers need to re-think this set-up and make it more user friendly.  

2 REPLIES 2

Info363
First-timer

UPDATE due to Typo.......

I have Carriers Defined in my Profile/Settings.  ShipStation GUI offers the option to make these Carriers INACTIVE in the Monthly Plan Selection.  So common sense would make me think that the $5 charge per month (for Carriers) would not be applied if INACTIVE is selected.  In fact the Plan selection interface eliminates the $5 charge and indeed states it will not be charged.   

But - not the case.  ShipStation Support states that if your profile has Carriers Defined - then you will be charged the $5 Carrier Fee..... even though the Carriers are INACTIVE.  I would prefer not to delete the Carrier Definitions as I need to use them during certain timeframes/seasons.   Unless I misunderstand this, I believe ShipStation Developers need to re-think this set-up and make it more user friendly.  

MelanieV
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there Info363,

Thanks for your post! I apologize for the misinformation that was received. I was able to confirm with our team that if you have personal carriers connected, but are toggled over to "inactive" in your carrier settings, you are NOT charged the $5 per month fee. You do not need to fully delete those carriers to avoid the fee, they just need to be inactive. 
If you have specific questions on the billing cycle when re-activating your personal carriers, just reach out to our team and we'd be glad to help! 

Happy Shipping! 
- Melanie