cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with importing customer phone numbers for Canada Post labels

alainsblacksmit
Occasional Contributor

It appears that Shipstation has stopped automatically importing the customer's phone number for Canada Post's labels. This change has required us to manually input a phone number on each individual label in order to proceed, which has added a significant amount of time to our workflow.

Here is the official error message we have been receiving: "Contact Phone number is a required field. (Bad Request, Carrier Error Code: 2695)."

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or if there might be a known solution or workaround? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alainsblacksmit
Occasional Contributor

As of today, the issue has been resolved. I'm able to print my labels again without needing to modify the phone number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamGaudreau
First-timer

Same issue here! Did someone founded a way to solve it!?

thanks!

Here's the reply I received from customer service:

"The error is due to the Canada Post migration that started around 2 weeks ago which has affected the new Canada Post integration. It does appear that Canada Post made changes to their API last week that now require phone numbers to be entered for international orders. Because of this change, it has been recommended to make the phone number field a requirement on the selling channel side of things to avoid any issues.

We are truly sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Please note you're the only one who has experienced this issue."

It seems that Shipstation is essentially leaving us to fend for ourselves. I was hoping to create an automation rule that would update the phone number associated with an order, but it seems that may not be possible.

alainsblacksmit
Occasional Contributor

As of today, the issue has been resolved. I'm able to print my labels again without needing to modify the phone number.