cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
tisatreasure
First-timer (legacy)
Would love to see a report for sales tax paid by shipped to state.
122 Comments
sales665
First-timer (legacy)
This program is really good for my Amazon, but its misisng the ability to add Profit Reports, you should create a field where users can input the Cost, the Packaging, and then the shipping automatically gets calculated after a label is printed of course. Should also need to pull the amount the sellers receives after fees from each order.
sales656
First-timer (legacy)
This would be great!!!
sales665
First-timer (legacy)
Also separate profits by Store
byron3
First-timer (legacy)
I know many of you are anxious for comprehensive profit reporting inside of ShipStation. We think this is a valuable addition, but we want to make sure we introduce a feature that's usable and appropriate for the large majority of our sellers. There are some significant challenges related to accurately reporting the true cost of a sale. When dealing with 25 distinct marketplaces and selling platforms, it can be difficult to procure listing and selling fees accurately and consistently. We'd like to hear your thoughts on what constitutes the true net profit on an order. We're currently considering the following costs and fees: * Individual Product Costs - manually specified for each product in ShipStation * Listing / marketplace fees - procured from the marketplace when possible * Shipping cost รข€“ aggregated carrier fees for all shipments that have not been voided * Insurance cost รข€“ aggregated insurance fees for all shipments that have not been voided These costs would be deducted from the total amount paid by the buyer (excluding tax) to determine the net profit on each order. Obviously, net profit reports are considered highly sensitive and we want to treat them as such. Our lower tiered accounts (Bronze, Silver) lack the capability to restrict user access to such reports, so we have quite a lot of thinking to do in regard to how these reports are exposed and rolled out to our existing customer base. Thanks for your patience as we carefully design and consider this feature for ShipStation and as always, thanks in advance for your feedback! Byron Wier Product Director
sales244
Contributor
Byron - Also, we'd need a way to figure our payment processing fees into the calculations (unless they are directly imported from the payment processor, which might be possible with Paypal, but probably not as easy with others such as Authorize.net or similar services). I'd like to make sure that the reports figure profit down to the per-transaction level. This is a major reason why we don't use existing solutions like Outright. They aggregate everything and you can't really drill down to see what line items are making you the most money, which items you might be losing on (to find pricing mistakes), etc. Also, we'll obviously need a way to edit our product costs in bulk (via bulk upload or some other method) as we've already got hundreds of items in the system and editing them each manually will take forever. This is what I can think of off the top of my head.
brian63
First-timer (legacy)
I would also like to see this feature and am actually surprised it's not already there. Need an option for running order reports that allows for filtering by 1) store (want to be able to select multiple stores at once), 2) date range, 3) state. Should be pretty easy to add this in.
tisatreasure
First-timer (legacy)
Bryon, What you're currently suggesting adding would be a fantastic improvement. It would be fine with me if the reports we either by transaction or by individual product (or both!).
sales665
First-timer (legacy)
Ok for me, I currently sell on both Amazon & eBay, but mostly 80% on the Amazon side. From what I can tell you on the Amazon side, these would be the details you would have to extract from Amazon's API: - Change to your seller account balance "$17.85" (This is the total Amazon funded me after Fees, which I got by clicking on 1 of the items sold details, which has a breakdown of the price, shipping, and amazon commission) The Buyer pays $20.38, and commission for Amazon is $2.53, so the last line I see is: "Change to your seller account balance" $17.85 (which is how much goes into my funds) - Once you have the $17.85 from Amazon, you deduct the obvious shipping charges from Shipstation, and the Product Cost (which needs to be manually entered by the user) Amazon Net Amount funded to me: $17.85 - Shipping Cost (Shipstation records this) - Product Cost (Already provided by me, in the Product Cost Field) = Net Profit For eBay, I would suggest based on power-seller status or top-rated discounts, the software can auto-detect this whether the seller has a 10% or 20% discount which will be factored into the ebay final value fee, example: Sold Price: $100 - eBay Listing Fees : $0.05 (Pulled from ebay fees page under the selling account) - Listing Bold Feature: $2.00 (Pulled from ebay fees page under the selling account) - eBay Final Value Fee: $15.00 (Pulled from ebay fees page under the selling account) - Paypal Fees: $3.20 (Pulled from Paypal API) - Shipping Fees: $5.00 (Shipworks of course) - Product Cost: $60.00 (Manually Entered by the user) = Net Profit: $14.75
tisatreasure
First-timer (legacy)
If we can't get a report a helpful temporary addition would be a sales tax paid column in the order screen.
watchcenterny
First-timer (legacy)
I'm looking forward to seeing this feature in the near future. It would be great if the shipment cost could update in eBay blackthorne so we could use that profit report system.