cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

Since Shipstation took away the "restore" order button in V3, how are you handling this now?

The last I checked (a couple months ago) on V3 if you used the "duplicate" order function it would wipe all the line items on the 'new' duplicated order. And Shipstation has deemed this as a non-issue. They said I should manually write down all the line items across ALL the packing slips LOL.

So how are the rest of you handling this? 

30 Comments
joeNorris
New Contributor

I am always on the go, so when a customer calls me with a lost or damaged order, I restore the order through my Shipstation phone app.  My shipper uses the Shipstation service from a desktop browser and reships the order after I restored the order.  Shipstation is useless to me without this feature.   I can ship direct from Paypal if I want to do this manually.  

pedalpcb
Contributor

This is absolutely critical functionality and needs to be addressed before being forced to the V3 layout.

I'm all for developing and improving the new version, but it clearly is not ready for mainstream use yet without these basic functions.

Right now I can pop back to V2 and fix any of these issues with a couple clicks, but what happens after the 8th when V2 is no longer available?      

JerkFit2
Occasional Contributor

Is this not the most ANNOYING ISSUE EVER!?  Its killing us.  And NOBODY cares to address it.

Status changed to: In Progress

mack
Rookie

Is this any update on this?

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

I don't ever use the mobile app to actually DO anything (I only check stats), but I just happened to be on it last night and needed to restore an order. 

Imagine my surprise that when you click "Actions" there lies the amazing "RESTORE" button we want back.

Ironically, "Create new shipment" does not even exist on the mobile app 🤣

So maybe there is hope afterall that we'll get it back within this decade. 

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

@Moderator-Davis any chance we can get an update since you changed this to "in progress" almost 9 months ago? 🤞

joeNorris
New Contributor

I gave up! 

Although the "Restore" link is available in the Shipstation app under the "Actions" tab for a previously shipped order, it does not allow my shipper to reship the order.  I don't even know the point of it honestly. 

What I do instead,  is I log in from the browser, in full desktop mode, then I am able to create new shipment, which places the order back in orders waiting to ship.  Can't do this from the phone app unfortunately. 

Ms_Sarcastic
Contributor

@joeNorris just be aware that "create another shipment" wipes all the line items... which is just dumb. Because if you wanted an order with blank line items that's the same as creating a new order from scratch.

The original old restore button used to literally just 'restore' the order and move it from shipped status back to awaiting shipment and kept everything together in tact just as it originally was with line items and any custom fields you had filled.

joeNorris
New Contributor

@Ms_Sarcastic The app version does not show the line items after "create another shipment", just as you described.

However, that is not the behavior I am witnessing on a Windows PC using the Chrome browser.  All line items are transferred to open order in Desktop mode.  The order shows the original shipment and is set to configure shipment 2 of 2 with all line items remaining.