Hi. I've been using shipstation for 6.5 years. I print about 200-300 orders / day. Some days this can be anywhere from 500-1,000 orders. I have spent the past week using the new layout, and am incredibly disappointed in the direction the developers of this software have gone. I'd like to share some of the issues i have run into:
Developers: Please make a setting to allow users to have a true "quick ship" as it was in the old layout. A quick and simple way to print batches, no pop-ups. "Create + Print Label" should do exactly that with no interruptions.
2. Individually Printing Orders - In my workflow, there are times when i need to go through my awaiting shipments batch to find individual orders. This means i'm using my arrow key to scroll down, and printing the label as soon as i see an order i need to print. I used to be able to do this quickly and scroll through my orders fast while printing each label fast. Shipstation was able to process all of these and print them no problem. However, in the new layout, shipstation is horribly out of step.
If the user prints individual orders "too fast", certain orders will appear to process by showing up in the label queue as "completed" [as if the print job was successful], however, shipstation skips printing them. This is incredibly deceptive and leads to orders disappearing from the batch but never physically printing from the label printer.
For example, say i'm individually printing order 1, 2, and 3. They all show up in the label queue as completed, and our label printer will generate some labels. This gives the user the impression that all the labels have printed successfully, after all, they all show up in the queue as completed, with no errors. But upon further investigation, the user will find that only order 1 and 3 were physically printed. Order 2 was apparently created "too fast" and was "skipped" by the software. The user now must manually check the orders that printed and figure out which one needs to be "reprinted" because the software could not handle it at the time.
Developers: Please look into this issue or reach out for more clarification, it ruins the workflow and leads to many orders being lost and undetected
3. Splitting Orders / Splitting Orders User Interface - It seems that in the current iteration of splitting orders, the user cannot split the same SKU, its either all or nothing. For instance if i have 10 units of SKU: ABC, i cannot keep 5 units of ABC in one order, and 5 units of ABC in the other. This seems like a ridiculous "downgrade" feature, considering this was possible in the old layout
Developers please look into "split orders" and some of the nuance involved. Individual SKU's should be able to have their quantities split from the user interface, instead of the "all or nothing" approach. Splitting an order that has already been split doesn't need to show the entire order, this can be an inconvenience for the user.
I have a few smaller issues that i have noted, but these are the more significant ones from my experience. Overall i feel as if shipstation has deliberately made it more difficult to quickly print orders, and furthermore making it easier to lose track of orders that should have physically printed but did not due to software issues / limitations.
Overall i cannot say that the New layout was an improvement from the old layout.