I've used ShipStation a few times a day for the last few years, and I've tried to give V3 a fair shake. Everything just feels like it was changed for the sake of change and not improvement in almost every aspect.
Here are my top 2 issues:
- I can't trust it: When I click something or change something, I have to go back and double check later to make sure the change went through. For instance, if I were to add on carrier insurance, and it defaults to a value of $150, but I want to change it to $100, I need to go back and double check it later. I have no confidence that the change actually went through because ever since V3 my changes are not saved. I have seen countless numbers changed, and then reverted back to their initial value.
This was never an issue on the old version, I always knew that what I typed out was correct and would hold. Going back and double checking values was never a problem and V3 has greatly increased my time spent on the platform.
- Slower interface: I believe this is a spacing issue with the inputs but it might also be a combination of the new font size & weight too. For instance, when I go to the dropdown bar for service or package, there are now fewer options visible in the initial list. Now I need to scroll more to get to the option that I want. More scrolling and more clicks = more time spent making labels. We should be speeding up this process, not making it slower.
The new font also makes some important data challenging to find and read. A good example is the rate. It's lower, off to the side, smaller, and looks like an afterthought that almost always has a warning beside it (typically the warning about how much insurance is automatically included). This warning is not needed on that page.
To the best of my knowledge, there is no option to go back to the older version but I would pay extra to do so and it would pay for itself in the first day. V3 is a big flop for me. I dread making labels now, and so does my coworker. What used to be simple and quick, is now slow and clunky.
I would encourage whoever made the new UI to please take a look at the old version and reevaluate why the changes were made. Why space things out further to create more scrolling and clicks? Why change the font from easy to read to all the same font size and font weight? Why put a warning on things that don't need warnings? Most importantly, whatever magic there was on the previous version with saving data after it's input, please go back to that so I can more confidently make changes knowing that they'll stick.
There are a multitude of other issues that I can elaborate on if you're willing to listen and make change but let's tackle these big issues first please. Thanks for reading.
We've been customers of shipstation since 2014. We've processed tens of thousands of shipments. We have several users and on a daily basis we spend hours inside the system.
I suppose V3 is ok for small volume shippers (<10 orders a day), but as you note, it is slow and unreliable. There are numerous layout bugs and sometimes things just simply do not work. It's pretty but not functional. Almost like it was built to look better than feel better.
Since it is clear that V3 will be the standard at some point, we spent a week documenting our experience end to end. We submitted the feedback and never heard anything. As far as we know, none of those concerns have been addressed. Now I'm a little scared that we'll be forced onto the platform at some point (and probably at the worst possible moment). If that happens, we'll absolutely switch platforms even if it means less functionality.
We have found the same problems. Much slower interface, especially searching our shipments.
Look and feel has been improved (although I feel that is subjective) at the expense of functionality. The overall view is spaced out, but the word I have used is bloated. I want as much information at a glance as possible. I want less clicks, scrolling, typing, searching, and filtering because that equals less time to do a task. The sole reason we switched to V3, when it was an option, was for scan to verify. I do believe this has saved our staff from making some shipping errors, but we found all non shipping computers V2 as it was faster, more reliable, and easier to get the information you needed without navigating as much.
Thank you for taking the time to post about the behaviors you have seen and experienced! This type of feedback truly is very helpful 🙂
@shipping54, I saw that you mentioned you submitted feedback and haven't heard anything. I want to check that out to ensure that we are able to get the proper eyes on your feedback. Could you let me know where and when you posted that feedback please? I absolutely want to be able to see that full information you provided, especially since you took the time to put it together for my team to review!
Thanks again, to each of you, for providing your story of the experience with the new version of ShipStation.
Agree with the above post PLEASE allow us to roll back to the legacy layout.
I couldn't agree more with this comment that V3 is slow and clunky! Our team complains almost daily. The biggest issue we have is when updating customs data on orders it takes forever as it keeps freezing and we have tried all the support suggestions like clearing cache, incognito mode, etc. We have 150Mbps down and up so definitely not our internet speed.
I wanted to add my voice in dissatisfaction for V3. We have used Shipstation since 2014 and have been very pleased, but this new version has me rethinking my reliance on Shipstation. We are not high volume users (less than 100 orders per week), but the functionality in V3 is simply no longer reliable. The new version is buggy and I have chatted in several times to try to get issues resolved with minimal success. Now I have found another issue and can't even get the system to let me chat in or send a support email. As another poster mentioned I feel like I can't trust V3 anymore. I am frustrated and disappointed and would happily return to V2 if it was offered. I would love to follow up with someone on these issues and my overall disappointment and would appreciate a response.
Hey there @bw153624,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on this thread to make your experience known. I absolutely hear you and want to be of service.
I first want to provide our processes for getting thru directly to support for assistance just in case this would be helpful to anyone that has been having troubles getting a hold of our support team!
Additionally, be on the look out for a DM from me so that we can discuss what behaviors you are seeing and our options for moving forward! 🙂
Add to the commnets on V3
1. The field character number limitation is a pain for overseas addresses, it is clearly design with USA addresses in mind. Lose or increase the limitation.
2. Why does PR still give issues i.e. asking for customs info or sets as an international shipment.
3. Sometimes a label is created but the order remains in the to be shipped screen, you need to manually refresh to show it was shipped.
4. Some times labels are not even created when the print label button is pressed. It spins for while, then nothing.
5. We shuld be able to create more shipment based on one order if we have to ship multiple packages over time. it has been set to 2 shipments only.
New issues appearing recently.
1. Customs information not porting into customs fields, worked fine for years then stopped.
2. Reported rate errors when order opened. We need to reselect the same service, then the error goes away and the rate becomes visible.