cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catherine4
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them in.
39 Comments
bethany
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with this completely - I use multiple batches at a time to separate products, but unless one has a significantly different number of products in it, I'm not going to remember which is which unless I click on each one.
catherine4
First-timer (legacy)
I am still hoping and hopeful that this feature will be added! We still are in need of it, bad! A way to rename or add a keyword to the batch # makes so much sense. Or, even a place in the batch interface to add any notes needed. For us it would be notes regarding preparation for the batch [ie- international/domestic, single item orders or multiple; or things like "ship USPS regional rate Box A"]. I appreciate the ability we already have to add notes to an already-shipped batch, but once a batch is shipped, I don't really needs notes about it as it's out the door. We need to be able to add notes before it ships. SS doesn't seem very user-friendly when you have a large amount of orders that do not all get shipped out together at one time. This should be improved. Thanks
jeff47
First-timer (legacy)
'+1 🙂
dee3
First-timer (legacy)
Adding my comments to this suggestion as well. I need to rename my batches in order to make my process so much smoother when I process orders each day.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the updates, everyone! We'd like to hear how you use batches today just so we can make sure we're covering all the bases. Are you using them to group similar items, shipping services, or is it something else?
dee3
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to rename my batch when I'm sorting orders to be printed. For example, I print out orders by how they are tagged or if I need to ship them out via a different carrier. Right now, I just keep a mental note of what orders are in each batch. That can be really difficult to remember or if I'm interrupted during my printing process.
bethany
First-timer (legacy)
I sell different types of products and when I'm doing production, I am most efficient if I do batches of "like" items because my process for making, say, mugs, is very different from how I make t-shirts. The problem is like right now, it's the Christmas rush so I have a batch for each of three different product types AND a separate "running" batch for orders where I'm waiting on some clarification/info for the customer. Unless my orders are vastly different in number, often my batches have similar numbers (like, 20 in one and 22 in another vs. 4 in one and 35 in another) and so I find myself having to click on each batch several times a day to find out if it's my t-shirt batch or mug batch. I add items to the wrong batch sometimes because I can't label them. Sometimes I end up writing down the numbers on a sticky note and labeling them that way but I think that's kind of stupid that I'd have to do that, to be honest. It seems like a simple thing. So I guess in summary, I use batches as a way to organize my orders and not just a way to print a specific bunch of labels at a time.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thank you for those updates and helpful details 🙂 If you think of anything else, or if you've yet to add your thoughts please feel free to add it to the conversation! We read your feedback daily, and we'll let you know when there are updates.
salv66
First-timer (legacy)
this would be a great feature so i can name the picker i want to do hat batch. the ability to make a custom batch number would greatly help control who picked what batch or what section its for or product line. please make this a feature as it would be fantastic
salv66
First-timer (legacy)
does anyone know if this will be made into a feature and how soon it will be implemented? it seems like such a quick simple change and just opens up a world of help when trying to organize lists i hope this will be in the next patch release