cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshuwaks
First-timer (legacy)
add fields that are searchable, like upc, Description, Fulfillment SKU UPC is very important
16 Comments
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi! And where are you wanting to add these fields?
mshuwaks
First-timer (legacy)
i do not want to add any new fields, these fields are in the prudoct detail already. i want to search in the quicksearch box a upc https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638807-Which-fields-are-searchable- NOT ALL FIELDS IS SEARCHABLE
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Gotcha. So to clarify, this suggestion is to add quicksearch functionality to existing fields such as product-level UPCs, Fulfillment SKU, and Item Descriptions?
mshuwaks
First-timer (legacy)
yes
fulfillment13
First-timer (legacy)
if someone overrides the fulfillment SKU in a product - it isn't possible to find it. Because it will not show in a search. The only way to find it is to export a csv. This is messy
mshuwaks
First-timer (legacy)
yes, i hope they will add it fast, it shouldn't be too difficult for them, don't know why it's taking so long
tmpdtg
First-timer (legacy)
Great feature, we should able to customize quick search
scho1
First-timer (legacy)
This will be really helpful. My shipping managers know the products by SKU but my part-time operators have a hard time matching the Sku and UPC. So if they can simply scan upc and it leads to product detail page, it will be EXTREMELY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mowandsnow
First-timer (legacy)
I agree, UPC must be part of the search function. The UPC data is already in the inventory system, so when using inventory, to alleviate errors, they can scan the UPC on the parts/products into the search field and then add quantity. Then no mistakes are made on part number matches that can bring multiple results. A UPC won't do that How this isnt a thing searched already is mind baffling. It can also be used to ship.. If you are in ship orders, scan to search and find a match in awaiting shipment.
mowandsnow
First-timer (legacy)
Perhaps they don't know whats going on, so I provide a picture... In the product inventory section, you can see the UPC data is there. All you have to do, is in the search query you use for the product search form is to add this field to match, and everyone is happy. Very simple!!!