cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erin4
First-timer (legacy)

Batches need to be seen by all users not just the person that created it.

12 Comments
erin4
First-timer (legacy)
When I process orders that I want to ship I need to be able to batch them so that when the shipping dept is ready to print labels and shipt them they can click and print an entire batch. The alternative is keeping track of a bunch of labels until we ship them or labels laying on the floor in the shipping area. It would be nice to make a batch and then anyone could print them when they were ready to be shipped.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for the update @ErinP! Have you looked into assigning orders to your shippers and setting their permissions to only see orders assigned to them? That way you don't have confusion about who does what, and each of your shippers can print batches on their own when they are ready to print.
stefani
First-timer (legacy)
Being able to name the batches would also be awesome! That way separate departments would be able to see if support had added something to a batch, versus order fulfillment adding the order
spiffingladies
First-timer (legacy)
We are trying to go paperless and need an option to group orders together into a batch that all users can see at any time. We would also need more than 5 batches, since during our very busy seasons we are processing hundreds of orders a day. For example: A day's worth of orders are put into a batch by a manager. The batch is processed, assembly-line style, by each member of our team in turn, and no orders are lost or mixed up since they are all assigned to a batch #.
accounting23
First-timer (legacy)
This would be useful for us as well. Even for a small company, not being able to see batches on each user profile is very annoying. We usually put everything that's going to be shipped for the day into one batch, and then print it all out at one time. Each computer is used for slightly different things, and so if we have a batch started on one profile, but then we need to use that computer for other things, we have to completely recreate the batch again on the other computer using the other profile. Using just one user isn't a solution either, because often we have two people working on shipstation at one time, one entering orders and one shipping, and shipstation doesn't allow for that on the same profile.
tony15
First-timer (legacy)
We have multiple users that process work for the next day. We don't always have the same associate working on the same job every day (ie Saturday coverage for an ecommerce company). RESULT: We can't "SEE" the batches that someone else has prepped. Then we have three or four users using the same login. Forget about accountability trying to identify which user touched which series of orders. This application needs a TON of work on multiple aspects. Need to go back to the drawing board.
mike76
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed, why can't other users see my batches? It seems silly and counterproductive for them not to be able to see them.
alex_benda
First-timer (legacy)
Dont give us a work around, our teams work on batches together! This is a neeeeedddddddd
support205
First-timer (legacy)
Please make batches universal! We use batches to add orders with special notes for others to ship, but I have to log onto their account to add it to a batch, which then kicks them off and can be really annoying. Please make it so I can add it to a company batch and everyone can see it!
jonathan16
First-timer (legacy)
Because in a warehouse environment, the person who created the batch may not necessarily be the person that ends up printing the batch. We write SS batch numbers on our pick lists and order summaries for batch picking, this forces us to keep the physical batch assigned with a particular SS user instead of being able to have anybody work the batch after the picking team brings it back from the warehouse.