cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
john63
First-timer (legacy)
To get accurate rates we've been adding the weights of packaging to the weights of each of our SKUs. But when multiple SKUs are ordered at once, the weight ends up being higher and we could potentially be over-charged. If we could input weights for our packages we've created under "Your Packaging" we could input the actual weight of each SKU and could end up with more accurate order weights and shipping rates.
60 Comments
jwolfe
First-timer (legacy)
My company ships out products and sends a return label to each customer so that we can get our packaging back and reuse it. We would only be able to use the automation feature for creating a return label for each package if the weight was an added feature to a custom package. Add the weight to a custom package so that we can use the return label automation feature and not get overcharged!
orders202
First-timer (legacy)
When defining our own boxes in Packages/Your Packaging window, add a field that allows us add the weight of the box. Then add that weight to the overall order anytime that custom packaging is used.
haik
First-timer (legacy)
Would love to see this as well!
info886
First-timer (legacy)
The presets have been very helpful in setting packaging dimensions for our shipments. One of the very few drawbacks we've found is that there is no way to add the weight of packaging to the shipping weights. Please consider adding an incremental weight to the presets to help compensate for different size packaging under difference shipping scenarios that would be outside of filters and automation rules. This would give much more flexibility in selecting and optimizing packaging depending on the available rates.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for commenting here! Have you looked into using automation rules to "Adjust order weight"? This can help you account for package weights today depending on your workflow. This rule would like like: If package equals My Small Box... then Adjust the Order Weight 6oz.
sales1100
First-timer (legacy)
'@Shiptation Automation rules don't work if you apply the package preset after the order is downloaded. Having a selected package add weight to an order seems like a basic feature. It has 24 votes and is over a year old. I am surprised you have not implemented this yet! Obviously your customers want and need it!
orders10
First-timer (legacy)
Please, please implement the ability to add weight as one of the specifications for custom packaging types. Weight is just as consistent as dimensions for our boxes, and with automation rules not applying after import this is causing really unnecessary frustration in shipping for us.
jeff_sharpshear
First-timer (legacy)
This would be an excellent addition and would address the problem of not being able to set a custom return label weight that is different from the original shipment. There are several try-before-you-buy models that would use the feature and any servicing provider that is trying to provide packaging to customers would also great benefit from custom weights.
sales297
New Contributor
Having the ability to enter NEGATIVE adjustments for the rule "adjust the order weight" will allow one to reduce the total weight for orders that meet certain criteria like multiple products in one order. I created a request to be able to enter negative adjustments recently. Currently it only accepts positive numbers which will INCREASE the total order weight only. I'm not sure why anyone would ever want to increase the total order weight, as the imported individual SKU weights are typically including the box - and orders with multiple items ship with only one box, but multiple box weights are calculated by ship station. This creates costly errors for shipping labels.
rumana
First-timer (legacy)
This is a simple feature Shipstation can add that will make our lives easier