cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nate1
First-timer (legacy)
The branded return portal is awesome! I would love to use the feature but cannot based on the return service and package type default. There should be an option to select the original service and package type used on the order. For example, if I use USPS for my default return and a customer has a big heavy item, I tested this on an order by the way, it will cost $90.00 for USPS vs. $40.00 for UPS. If I use UPS for my default service and it's a small light item, it will cost $9.40 vs. $2.80 for First Class USPS. Defaulting to the original ship method on the order would solve these issues. Also, it would be nice to have an exchange option. Or at least a spot for a note so the customer can write "I would like a large instead of a medium". Or the option to select this is a return. Or this is an exchange.
22 Comments
contact73
First-timer (legacy)
We have set up a Branded Returns Portal for people print their own return labels. We picked USPS first class which is only for items with less than 15oz, above that we need to do priority shippng which has no weight limit. There is only one option preferred shipping method in the returns portal but i can't set all returns up to priority because we don't want all the orders to be returned priority (we would lose money). There should be different preferred shipping methods for different categories. How is it possible in a site you have only one option but you can have people placing all sorts of orders, from small to large.
fulfillment9
First-timer (legacy)
Lets say I set up my Branded Return Portal Carrier to USPS. It would be great if the system adjust the service base on the weight of the return: -if returns weight is under 15.9 oz. the system would default to First Class Package -if returns weights equal or more than 1lb. the system would default to Priority Mail. This would allow Shipstation users to some significant savings on shipping returns. Thanks
info669
First-timer (legacy)
The branded return portal is amazing, but would love to see two things: 1. Receive an email notification when a customer issue a return, as well as a delivery notification email when i receive it. 2. MUST have the ability to accept or refuse return requests. Because i want to include the portal on my website, but i don't want customers to be able to return anything for reasons other than the ones in our Return policy..
david19
First-timer
Good point, i thought of it too, furthermore different carriers may be cheaper then other depending on the weight , size and zone destination. would be great to somehow automatically select the cheapest method for that return. There is already the ship from and ship to and weight information ...
sarah20
First-timer (legacy)
I love this!
support175
First-timer (legacy)
This seems like a basic flaw in the system. Anyone using USPS - if a customer returns 1 item at 10 oz - it can cost $3.50 or so - if they return 2 - priority makes it about $7 (locally) so if we select first class, anything above 1 pound will be returned - or wont work. If we select Priority, we are paying about double on so many orders...Shocked this was overlooked by such a massive player in the shipping world!
dev8
First-timer (legacy)
150% agree with & need both of these features. 1) 90% of the time our customers are returning 1-2 products which typically are under a pound combined so we have it set to default to first class, but as soon as someone has a heavier product or is returning more than 2 they get an error message and we have to do the return manually. It would be great if we could have it default to the cheapest shipping option 2) I might have mentioned this in another thread, but it would be great to allow the exchange option to let us know what they want, or automatically send them an email to follow up on what they want to exchange it for. Related to emails, it would be great if it didn't default to emailing the original customer. Sometimes people receive our products as gifts and if they are looking to exchange, they probably don't want a return shipping label sent to the person who placed the order, letting them know they are exchanging their gear.
nate1
First-timer (legacy)
Any update on this feature?
laurel1
First-timer (legacy)
Would love to have the option for the return label to be the same shipping service as was originally used to ship the product!
office22
First-timer (legacy)
Completely agree, my situation and issues are exactly those of this idea post. For now it should be a simple feature enhancement to default to the original ship method on the order.