cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawn_morris
First-timer (legacy)
Ability to further customize what each user sees in ShipStation (Shipped, Cancelled tabs on the left side of page) When we have people join our shipping team, I know that ShipStation can be a bit overwhelming. So the simpler and more straightforward the layout, the easy it is to train people. What it accomplishes: Easy way to train new employees.
43 Comments
it17
First-timer (legacy)
I need users to be able to use the "Views" feature to set their view but the Permissions needed include items that we don't want Users to have. Please break out features that normal Users would often need from other access in Permissions. Also please include the Permissions needed for a particular feature in your Knowledge base. Example Feature A - To use feature A do this....... - Permissions need to use Feature A are......
info533
First-timer (legacy)
It would be great to be able to customize each section for each of our users. From only being able to enter and see an order all the way to being able to ship it out. We have had issues with users messing with the shipping cost/carrier and logging out. When the products are set to ship the wrong carrier is used, etc. So disallowing them to see/adjust that section would be helpful for just order entry users.
joe19
First-timer (legacy)
Would be great to adjust the specific layout for each user for sure.. But I'd also like to see additional customizations as well. We have a customer service guy here who is not trainable on brand new tech. We'd like to offer him the ability to be able to at least search all the orders in ShipStation and have all the customer's information and tracking number when he talks to customers.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@everyone - Thanks for the updates! If you haven't added your thoughts on our last update, please let us know what works and what doesn't work today. @joesager - For a customer service role, I recommend having him use only the "Customers" page. That way he can search for orders by recipient name and see all of the orders for the recipient at once.
sales412
First-timer (legacy)
I find the fonts and colors of the classic interface easier to read, and faster to use. In the classic interface in the order information section or "SHIPPING the font color is BLACK #000, on the new interface it is #555 or #222 in the all order area. Also like the dimension and weight on the bottom. If I have a off size box, I can use a short cut key, and then select the first box and "tab" through and make changes without having to touch the mouse.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@DCRCTX - Thanks for that info! You should be able to tab through the fields but this may vary between operating systems. Perhaps there is a setting on your computer that will allow you to tab into textboxes and lists only like the Mac OS does. But if there isn't a system-wide setting on your computer effecting your tab behavior, have you had the chance to use Shipping Presets? You can customize any number of hotkeys (that aren't already in use by your browser) to apply weight and package dimensions. Here's how to get there: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205899808
oncetees
First-timer (legacy)
We're working on a project from two separate warehouses. We have one warehouse on the East coast and one on the West Coast. Each warehouse produces different items. However, these items can be ordered from a single store. We are currently routing them to separate stores in Shipstation. However, an issue we are seeing is that the orders share the same order ID/# and we are seeing the wrong order being shipped by accident more often that we'd like. I'd love to see an option to restrict users to certain stores or so that they could not see certain stores. I know that we can assign orders to one user and that would prevent other users from seeing it, but we have multiple users at each facility. If there are other workarounds, I'd be open to it. This just seems like the best solution and what would hopefully be an easy addition.
larrysm
First-timer
We dropship for our clients. I would like to give a client a way to log in and only see shipments, tracking numbers assigned to the client. No dashboard, no order management, no reports on shipping costs, no tabs, no menus, nothing but the shipment table, filtered on "assigned to" currently not possible - too much other data is accessible ( try giving a user access to "reporting" and check the "only see orders assigned to user" ....that gives full access to all order data ! ) reason: my clients need to extract tracking number from the shipment email they receive, then enter that into their own platforms/Etsy/Amazon...etc. that is tedious for them, would be better to give them a csv of their orders and tracking numbers on a self serve basis. ( i know i can make a filtered report, but i don't have the time to do this every day )
info533
First-timer (legacy)
We agree with Larry Saint-Marie, this limited access log in would be fantastic. We operate in a very similar way and with the various requests from our customers, we would need a dedicated admin. Would be fantastic to have this solution: "I would like to give a client a way to log in and only see shipments, tracking numbers assigned to the client. No dashboard, no order management, no reports on shipping costs, no tabs, no menus, nothing but the shipment table, filtered on "assigned to" currently not possible - too much other data is accessible ( try giving a user access to "reporting" and check the "only see orders assigned to user" ....that gives full access to all order data ! )"
Roger_LeFevre
First-timer (legacy)
Ship Station already enables us to restrict users to fulfill and edit orders by store why How difficult would it be to hide a sub menu item "Store" from each of the side menu drop downs and order page filter. I can't see it being that big of an extension of functionality as Ship Station already allows me to hide menu items by user. I just need to hid the sub menu item and filter "Store" I don't see why every employee of mine should be able to see everything about my organization when they only have the ability and clearance to service one part of my company. This request really has nothing to do with functionality as it is more of a cosmetic fix in the admin. Maybe just disable Filters for certain user would be a quick and dirty method to get this done? just a thought.