cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard17
First-timer (legacy)
As Shipstation is adding new carriers the list of carriers in the drop down lists is getting so long that it now requires scrolling to access popular carriers like UPS. This is really cumbersome when updating shipping information from a drop ship or external shipping process. How about either suggestion carrier based on the tracking number (which would also increase speed) or at least allow personalized reorder of carrier list or even turn off carriers not used by users in preferences.
29 Comments
shipping205
First-timer (legacy)
When manually marking an order shipped, there is a long list of carriers that we never use. A settings option to remove and only keep the carriers we actually use. 4 on a drop down menu are much faster to choose from than 30.
info924
First-timer (legacy)
Currently when posting tracking information to an order, for externally generated orders by our shippers, we must either use bulk import or manually "marked shipped". One of the ways in which you can save us a tremendous amount of time is to allow us to enable/hide carriers from the Drop down menu. By doing so the drop down menu will be shorter and take less time to choose among the "desired" carriers that we use all the time. The attached image will illustrate what we are looking for.
info924
First-timer (legacy)
The carriers that we currently use are: Fedex USPS Ontrac UPS
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @rolando r global teck, we're connected to all of the carriers you listed. Are there services with those carriers you're not able to access in ShipStation?
info924
First-timer (legacy)
We are definitely NOT interested in all those other carriers. We only ship with Ontrac, Fedex, USPS and UPS. All we want to do is "hide" those other carriers on the drop down. They take up valuable real estate when entering orders and slows us down. If you can allow us to just "hide" the carriers we are not using you would help speed up our daily tasks of entering tracking details on ship station. Thanks.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Right, your main methods of shipping are through OnTrac, FedEx, USPS, and UPS. You can connect each of these carriers directly to ShipStation by clicking on Account Settings > Shipping > Carriers & Fulfillment > Add a provider account Have you found specific OnTrac, FedEx, USPS, or UPS services that aren't available in ShipStation that's causing you to mark your orders as shipped?
richard17
First-timer (legacy)
I was the one with the original request. Just to clarify for that purpose. The carrier list I am talking about is the one you get when you manually update a shipment using the "Other Actions" drown down from the order screen. It would be nice to either be able to custom sort those so that the mainly used carrier can be on top or find a way to remove some options for carriers that are never used.
info924
First-timer (legacy)
I don't think we are on the same page here. We are perfectly fine with the carriers we have. We don't want to change anything with our carriers. We can ship with all of them just FINE! Have you looked at the image that we uploaded? All we want to do is "hide" all other carriers, from the drop down menu (see posted image), that we don't use. That's it.
info924
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed. We should be able to remove or hide unwanted carriers when manually entering details in "other actions" tab.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thank you for the updates, @meldner and @rolando! I understand your workflow requires you to mark orders as shipped and the carrier list can be lengthy and in the way if you’re doing this often. It’s my goal to make sure we’ve gone touched all of the necessary bases (what works, what doesn’t work, why) so the product team will have all the necessary information to make a decision. The first thing is to take a step back and help me understand what's causing the main issue here: mark as shipped. For example, is there a particular reason why you prefer to use OnTrac for your mark as shipped orders instead of adding them as a carrier to your account? --Does this make sense? I'm not looking to change how you operate, I'd just like to understand it better.