cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
wil
First-timer (legacy)
We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated. I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an edit button, changing what needs changed, and hitting save. I have two customers with the same name. Lets call them John Smith and Smith Electrical Corporation. I send a package to Smith Electrical about once a month. John Smith ordered once from our website over two years ago. Whenever I type "Smith" when making a new order, guess who comes up as the first result! There's no need for John to still be in the system, why can't I easily delete his record?
91 Comments
tinman
First-timer (legacy)
I keep shipping to outdated addresses after I've already shipped to the correct address. My customers really don't like this. I desperately need the ability to change a customer's address once and for all for all future shipments.
operations13
First-timer (legacy)
This is badly needed. The biggest reason is UPS/FedEx charge for address correction. So I get notified of the charge but can not fix it or get rid of the bad address. That means we have to hope someone remembers the address is wrong next time the customer orders. This is a shortcoming that costs actual money and hard to believe it is not seen as important by the development team.
courtney2
First-timer (legacy)
Just curious if this is in the works to be corrected? I second what Bruce said, it's very frustrating not being able to correct the address when we discover it and instead having to wait until the customer places another order (which could be 6 months to a year later). The only way to actually do this would be to have a file of incorrect addresses and check every order placed (sometimes 50 a day) against the file. That's extremely time consuming and not practical. The only way around it I see is to create a fake order when you learn of the incorrect address so you can make the correction and then delete the order. Very disappointing!
mountainskycoff
First-timer (legacy)
I agree with everyone here. Why the archaic edit a file and upload rather than just allowing your customers to enter the address directly into the customer record like every other software on the planet. This is a usability issue and a user-centered design issue. One should not have to create a file, populate it with customer information, and then upload it to make a change. This does not make sense and is a high level of effort - especially when the error messages about the file begin to pop up. More time spent when direct entry to edit a customer record is very simple.
doug1
Occasional Contributor
I can't believe you won't provide a simple method of DELETING a customer record from the database. I have DEAD customers "cluttering up" (SORRY, but it's true !) my customer records !!!! How tough can this be !!!!!
photos1
First-timer (legacy)
A simple "edit" button for customers. I would love to be able to edit names and addresses, etc for mistakes without having to do the CSV import trick.
danielle_conyer
First-timer (legacy)
I'd like to be able to edit customers profiles directly in shipstation as well as combining duplicate profiles while still maintaining the ability to edit contact info. Not just by doing a CSV upload.
Jennifer15
First-timer (legacy)
This is a tool that would really help me, too. I would be able to correct an email address I typed incorrectly, and I'd be able to delete addresses from customers who have moved. Just last week I accidentally shipped a package to a wholesale client's old address.
Jennifer15
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, this is a tool that I would also use. I recently sent a wholesale package to the wrong address, the customer moved earlier in the year and I accidentally selected their old address.
jed
First-timer (legacy)
We are new to ShipStation. The current process of updating a single customers information is unnecessarily time-consuming and overly complex. When a single change is needed in a customers record for their address, it does not make sense to be required to download a CSV and then upload a CSV to overwrite the data for that customer. Please make it user-friendly not just programming friendly. Thank you.