cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ztg525
Occasional Contributor

Most of my customers do not receive their emails because they say they go to spam. I submitted a support ticket a while back and got nothing out of it. I even tried sending emails from the shipping@shipstation address (by not inputting an email address) and my customers still reported emails going to spam. The support ticket was: 

Shipstation in general needs to do something about emails sent to spam. As far as I can tell, it's an issue you guys have been "working on" for 4-5 years.

I've tried to do everything on my end to fix the SPF/DKIP/DMARC records but nothing works. My only option at this point is to send tracking from "shipping@shipstation" or whatever it is, which is unacceptable.

11 Comments
nholderafa
New Contributor

I just contacted support about this today and still no SPF or DKIM.

embedding
New Contributor

Shipstation uses sendgrid as their email provider. If the IP pool you are in is blacklisted, then all your emails will go to spam. I had to come up with an alternative, so I routed my tracking info emails back through my website. SS was no help on the emails going to spam

brents
New Contributor

Hey @embedding - How did you route them through your website? Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂 Thanks!

royaltyhealth
New Contributor

So we have been having this issue too and with our E-mail marketing provider Email Octopus. We have concluded that both ShipStation and E-mail Octopus e-mails when analyzed did not pass the DMARC test they both "failed" which caused them to go to Spam folders. So we researched and E-mail Octopus provided a great resolution in their forums....basically we had to add 4 "CNAME" records into our DNS records with our host GoDaddy.com and it was fixed 100%

Now every test or regular e-mail we send passes the "DMARC" test! My only issue is when I talk to ShipStation they have no idea what I am talking about - so I basically found the solution but I don't know the name or values that we would have to put to point to their CNAME. 

Here is a screenshot from Email Octopus on what needs to be done for ShipStaion.Hopefully we get an answer soon!

UniquelyGeekly
Contributor

Same issue happening here.  I ship for various artists and they're all reporting an increase in customers saying they've not received their shipping notification emails.  Its really frustrating and something Shipstation need to address.  We should be able to add SPF records for each store or similar.

embedding
New Contributor

@brents  what platform are you using for your website?

im on Wordpress/woo commerce . I installed a plug-in called “advanced shipment tracking pro” by zorem. It has worked flawlessly ever since. 

embedding
New Contributor

@brents  what platform are you using for your website?

I’m using Wordpress/woo commerce. 
I downloaded a plug-in call “advance shipment tracking” by zorem. Transactional emails have been flawless ever since. 

royaltyhealth
New Contributor

@UniquelyGeekly We did find a temporary solution - you basically have to leave the "from e-mail" empty and blank under the "Branding" section. So it will send from a default ShipStation.com e-mail address so the only downside is if the customer tries to directly reply to it, it will go to ShipStations email.

royaltyhealth
New Contributor

@embedding The only issue with this plug-in we had was that you have to leave the order statuses set to "Processing" and allow ShipStation to mark the order as "Completed" when a shipping label is created to "trigger" the system to send an e-mail to the customer. When we print new invoices out we change the statuses to "Completed" to know what invoices we have printed out and so when a shipping label is created when the order is already marked as "Completed" it will not generate an e-mail to customer.

dochin
New Contributor