cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philip6
First-timer (legacy)
When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value. This is a fault, as no system is set up like this. If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100. So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if Iêd never get refunded that? Iêd be spending like $10 extra on insurance, for an item Iêd never even get credited for. Lets update this right away. It's not feasible to manually change the insurance on every order for a bigger company. Thank you
18 Comments
philip6
First-timer (legacy)
The solution would bet to create a new Product Defaults feature in ShipStation that would apply a specific insured amount for a specific item SKU upon import.
sales517
First-timer (legacy)
Yes we have a similar issue. Help us vote up our idea here. It outlines the problem and our proposed solution. http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/6590735-s...
mike92
First-timer (legacy)
Why would I want the shipping costs included in the insurance total? I have to keep removing that and it is so annoying. The insurance value should be pulled from the ORDER TOTAL!
ian10
First-timer (legacy)
I tried setting this per product in the Customs area, but it doesn't reflect in the default insurance amount calculation when making labels. Still needs a solution I think...
ian10
First-timer (legacy)
Please implement this asap. It seems like this is a way for ShipStation to make more money or pass-through higher rates to its shipping partners or insurance partners.
philip6
First-timer (legacy)
I'm not sure why this is constantly looked over, when I see tons of small changes made that aren't nearly as important. Come on Shipstation, what gives here? I lose $1-2 per order because of the wrong cost in the insurance field. That's is unexceptable. You can't manually change them all and expect us to grow too!
ian10
First-timer (legacy)
I just emailed Bryon Wier about this.
ian10
First-timer (legacy)
Status on this? Any response from ShipStation?
philip6
First-timer (legacy)
Nothing yet Ian, and its a pretty big issues. I've used all my votes for it.
mike92
First-timer (legacy)
When processing orders, where it says "Insure Amount". It would be nice if it used the "product total" instead of the "order total". So that we are only paying for insurance on the merchandise and not the shipping/taxes, etc.. Right now I have to keep manually adjusting that Insurance Field.