cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
sales52
First-timer
The address line 3 field has been removed. Why? Many times a marketplace sends over a long address from an international customer on the address line 1 and 2 fields. We many times have to edit this address and move part of it down to the address line 3 field or the company name field. Sometimes we have to use both lines. There is now now way to add the address line 3 in manually when it is needed. I am not sure if this change was not well thought out, but it is causing problems for some of our longer international addresses. Can there be an option to manually add this line back in if it is needed? Thanks
7 Comments
sales52
First-timer
To many this would not be a huge issue I am sure, but as over half of our business is international this is a huge inconvenience. If you have seen some of those Brazilian addresses you know they can take up all the address lines and the company name line just to get it all in there. It was bad enough having a character limit on each line, but to completely remove it with no way for the line to be manually added in is terrible. I hope this can be made so we can add that line if it is needed. Thanks
ohad
First-timer (legacy)
I Must be on Chris side on this issue In my company we use UPS and 3rd line is crucial sometimes we we ship to commercial addresses and since the update it just missing info since the lines have characters restrictions I would have recommend to either make it as Permission /option to choose or Auto enable it when using service that support 3rd line and hide when using a service that do not support the 3rd line
info870
First-timer (legacy)
I need it as well. Over 50% of my customers are international with very long addresses.
jacob12
First-timer (legacy)
This is such a huge inconvenience, I've been complaining about it sense they removed it and I've been looking into switching to other services over it. Its absolutely crippling when dealing with many of our international customers. This is such an easy fix its frustrating, just grey it out when they have an incompatible shipping selection or at least have a back door option in the settings. I work with programmers I know this is not hard.
david16
First-timer (legacy)
This is also a huge inconvenience for us, lots of international customers with long addresses!
mark_wang
First-timer (legacy)
Agree with everything here. Is there a way to add this?
bart
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed, 3rd address line needed for long Chinese international addresses. And to further improve, the "Print Label" address length test failure should be detected for new orders and provide an option to auto send an email to these customers including a link that customer follows to manually correct their address until it passes the test and in so doing disclaims the bad address not delivered dispute.