cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orders93
New Contributor
Now that you have a decent start with the Customer Generated RMAs, it would be very useful to have a page for RMAs (and their current status). Or at least add a way to find a specific RMA in your search functionality. As the system is currently configured, we get packages returned to us out of the blue and it takes a little more work to determine what order the return belongs to before we can process it. Also, we are currently logging all received RMAs in a spreadsheet and had a case where the order number was not logged correctly. It took time to figure out which order it went to. When we get into our heavy time, I can't spend that kind of time. If we had just had all the returns logged automatically through ShipStation, it would eliminate our need to keep a log and makes finding the RMA very simple. I've seen others propose having more control over the RMA number, (like using the order number as a reference) but that might not be as necessary if there is a place where RMAs can be quickly searched or reviewed before they arrive at our dock. A bonus would be a notification (or alert) that a return has been generated by a customer. This kind of heads up allows companies that are very proactive about returns to potentially reach out to customers and offer a better resolution than the return (such as a component replacement, full item replacement (that doesn't require initial product return) or customer support (in cases where assisting the customer with the item can change their mind about returning). Similar to the RMA report, I envision the page providing: RMA REF # RMA CREATION DATE ORDER # CUSTOMER NAME TRACKING NUMBER? STATUS INBOUND / OUTBOUND COST Key Reasons: No surprises about what is being returned -- Provides companies a quick visual on what is being returned and why Convenient central place to search for a particular RMA (an automatic RMA log) (and consequently…) Shorter time to find and refund RMAs Allow better proactive customer support.
4 Comments
orders93
New Contributor
Great to see the returns search results, that portion is helpful. We use the spreadsheet log to make sure that all returns have been properly refunded, track how many days it took to refund (we have a commitment to process within 3 business days of receipt) and whether items were restockable (shipping damage), Did they use our return label?, and any additional notes. I could see using the returns search results for most of this, if there was a tag column. Then we could add a tag like "refunded", "Partially refunded", etc., which would help indicate what still needs to be handled by our team.
jason_clark
First-timer (legacy)
Please create an audit log for RMA's that shows who generated them.
jchronister
First-timer (legacy)
Is there a way to change the formatting of the automated RMA numbers through shipstaion? we want to use a number system more unique to our orders than what is provided but we don't want to have to self-enter the numbers each time. Can we edit the automation of the RMA# in shipstation?
Status changed to: Under Review