cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
chris32
First-timer (legacy)
If we could text the phone number provided in the order their shipping information so they can continue to track their own package.
52 Comments
sang
First-timer (legacy)
Amazon is the leader in this area. They send an SMS when the order has shipped (first mail stream activity), when there is an issue, and when the package has been delivered. This is such a basic requirement today, that I find it very surprising that ShipStation doesn't have this capability. You can't be a world class operation, without this capability. Please add it ASAP. While you build your own SMS gateway, you can utilize WOMBAT to integrate to Twillio and make this capability available in less than a day. Charge your customer 2 to 3 cents per text message which is the going rate. I'm sure there is plenty of ROI in this capability to make this the highest priority feature to add. Why would you focus on adding any other feature, when you can add this feature and increase your revenue, ASAP. Thanks,
sang
First-timer (legacy)
How would I know any of your other users? That's a strange thing to say. Why don't you give me a list of your users and I will ask them what they think about this feature and do the product management job for you? can't do it without access to the right resources.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey there, Thanks for your response. This would certainly be a great perk to provide our users! We will review this feature and discuss options for supporting delivery confirmation SMS to recipients. Our current infrastructure does not support this functionality, so it would likely require a third party integration through something like Twilio. This would be a unique integration for us so high user demand is definitely a plus for getting our Product Team's attention since it will likely require a considerable amount of development resources. In the meantime, you can use the Wombat integration. Please note that we're currently investigating a similar through Zapier. Feature Request: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/3273737-i... I would recommend posting to our community forum to help get user attention drawn to this feature. You can submit to the forum by going here: http://forums.shipstation.com/ Thank you again for submitting this feature request and helping us to improve ShipStation! Best, ShipStation
cinnamon
First-timer (legacy)
Hello, I would also like to add my companies interest in a feature of this nature. It is getting more and more important to update our users on every facet of their order and do it as swiftly as possible. SMS is the way to go. Thank you.
joe24
First-timer (legacy)
This feature should be implemented via push style web-hooks, that can be directed at a third-party service like Twilio or Plivo. To be honest though, SMS notifications are most valuable during the delivery process, not once it's basically over. Being able to send a text message to a customer when their order is "Out for Delivery" would be far more beneficial. The only service I've found that can do this at present is Shippo, but they don't have the depth of features that Shipstation has around label printing.
brandt
First-timer (legacy)
Send a text message that includes a tracking link when the order has shipped.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi Brandt Is this something you are wanting to have sent to the recipient or to you? Or both?
ajensen27
First-timer
Please make this happen without the use of zapier. Would be much easier to just integrate directly with Twilio or another similar service. Would love for customers to get a text when their order ships as well as when it's delivered.
burnhamsus
First-timer (legacy)
I use this for my shopify orders, But not able to for my other market places, SMS has become our #1 way of communicating with our customers, Customers just don't read emails like they use to and with spam filter catching a lot of them SMS is becoming a necessity
burnhamsus
First-timer (legacy)
You can use Aftership for this with Shipstation, After send emails and SMS, I have been using for years