cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbarb2
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to take advantage of USPS Merchandise Return Service and have an option to print a return label with every shipment or selected shipments and not have to pay for the postage unless the customer uses it. I believe this is available through API only and there may be a form you have to submit to USPS: https://www.usps.com/business/merchandise-return-service.htm
43 Comments
patty5
First-timer (legacy)
Is this in the works? We're a rental business. Most customers return the product at the end of the rental period but about 30% choose to pay the balance owed on the product and keep it. Because of our long rental period (2-5 weeks), we're unable to request a label void and refund within 10-days of creating the label. Might be a deal breaker for us...
sales308
First-timer (legacy)
It would be very helpful if we could email non prepaid shipping labels for our returns so that the customer will return the item the same way it was shipped... Which will be the best value for them as well for us if we decide to credit them.
spatel
First-timer (legacy)
The bigger problem is weight. When we send a prepaid label based we are required to provide a weight, however if the customer add there own packaging or etc then the label we provided is useless.
kristina3
First-timer (legacy)
Would like to include printed return labels with outgoing shipments that aren't charged to us unless they are activated.
soleenvy
First-timer (legacy)
This would be great. It would be nice to be able to have a label go out with every order. It is easier for the customer and it is what most of the large online retailers do
john72
First-timer (legacy)
I know it's a challenge to do this (since you cannot get a USPS Tracking Number without postage, right????) - BUT, I'd still prefer the option to able to NOT give free return shipping postage. I really just want a central system to send out RMA labels - SS is great as it will pre-populate everything, create the PDF, and send the email.
admin275
First-timer (legacy)
For many customer returns, we want to create a non-postage paid return shipping label to email to a customer so as to have the customer be responsible for paying the postage for the shipping. Using current Shipstation functionality, there is no way to do this. We'r'e having to use USPS Click N Ship instead for this purpose. It would be much better to have Shipstation provide for all our shipping label needs.
john72
First-timer (legacy)
I wonder if you guys could partner with Express1 and do this under a "blanket" account - as you do for the Commercial Plus Pricing. When the customer mails the item and Express1 sees the charge hit their account, they then debit our account. (I think this would work - I hope not all packages have to go through the same PO for the permit). Obviously, Express1 needs to make a profit in this - but it would be well worth it versus the eventual savings.
phil8
First-timer (legacy)
We feel it would be very helpful to have the availability of creating a RMA for a customer who is returning a product. When we pay shipping for the product (customer receives free shipping) and the customer returns it, or a customer wants to return a product outside of the satisfaction guarantee period, it would seem appropriate for the customer to pay the return postage costs.
jeremy29
First-timer (legacy)
I have a MRS account it is $800 a year, but it doesn't require you pay for shipping until item arrives. This saves lots of money from people who never return the item although you have paid the shipping.