cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergei_tolmache
First-timer (legacy)
Please add phone number to Advanced Search criteria. When a customer calls and leaves a message in most cases phone number is all we have to find his order.
21 Comments
michael36
First-timer (legacy)
Seems like im coming across situations where a customer will call us asking about an order and they dont leave their name or anything to identify them. Or we cant understand what they are saying. Being able to search a customer by their phone number would help.
darren9
First-timer (legacy)
This would quickly allow us to find customer orders as the phone is ringing via caller id. Additionally we can begin entering a caller id phone number while the phone is ringing. By the time we answer the phone we will have a order history visible to aide in answering any questions our customer may have. It would also expedite new orders for those customers who prefer to call in orders.
sergei_tolmache
First-timer (legacy)
Hi, thanks for looking into this issue. We are receiving several calls every day from customers wanting to know order status, make a change etc. We don't have live support and reply to voice mail messages so in most cases all I have is a phone number. Ability to find the order by phone number before getting back to the customer would be very useful and seems to be an easy to implement feature.
info839
First-timer (legacy)
All great and valid points from everyone here. I don't think we should have to wait any longer for this to be ignored. Over 2 years is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for this simple search request.
paintapart
First-timer
I agree with everyone here. We have customers from all over the United States, all with different accents, and many that don't leave names. The caller ID provides a number that is very likely on their order in Shipstation. It would be great if the Shipstation search field would search for phone numbers. I have a customer that just left a voicemail asking us to confirm information on his order. It would be great if I could just call him back and confirm. However, without the ability to search phone numbers I have to call him back and waste time asking for his name (which i couldn't make out on the message) then confirm while he's waiting on the phone. I mostly agree with the last comment, over 2 years is too much time to wait for such a basic and simple search request.
jj3
First-timer (legacy)
Voted. This is such a trivial to add, yet necessary feature! Pretty much every other variable on orders is searchable, except the phone number? What gives?
customerservic6
First-timer (legacy)
I agree, this would be a great feature.
info839
First-timer (legacy)
Are you going to implement this or not? Please give us a straight answer.
jon25
First-timer (legacy)
'+1 would really like to search by phone number when someone calls us.
service41
Frequent Contributor
I was shocked to find phone number search isn't implemented. Whats the big deal? Just strip out any non-numeric characters and do the search. Would take me less than an hour to write the code. Or better yet... just do a partial search. say the number in the db is +22(222)765-8424. Then when a search string of 8424 is put in it will match all records with 8424. We can eyeball the right order from there.