cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Because this original request I made for this was closed when an unrelated feature was introduced, I'm creating a new one. I would very much like to be able to have the automation in ShipStation be able to print. This would allow me to have it automatically print all new orders that have downloaded, so that warehouse personnel know an order has come in when the printer starts spitting out packing slips. This is something we're used to having in a different product we switched from to ShipStation and it's the main thing we miss. With printing being done through ShipStation Connect now, this should be entirely possible too. The other thing that would have be added is another feature that ShipStation really does need anyway: an indication of some kind that an order has already been printed. This would allow automation to "print all unprinted orders" as well as greatly reduce the possibility of orders being double-packed when more than 1 person is working shipping. We've had this happen multiple times simply because there's no good way to tell when an order has already been printed right now. Thank you!!
146 Comments
contact104
First-timer (legacy)
We would absolutely love the ability to have incoming orders automatically print to a printer using Google Cloud Print. Ideally, there would be new rule actions: Print Packing Slip to Default Google Cloud Printer, Print Postage Shipping Label to Default Google Cloud Printer. Then our shippers can just walk to the printer when a new order comes in and start packing. We print 2 packing slips for every order so a bonus would be to have the ability to print 2 slips by either setting the number to print or simply running the rule action twice. We would prefer to have packing slips automatically printed to cloud a Google Cloud Printer for every order. Postage labels could be automatically printed if ShipStation had a way to determine shipping weight by what products were ordered.
contact104
First-timer (legacy)
Ah, I didn't see this and gave my votes to a new request for the same feature. This would be awesome to have!
orders238
First-timer (legacy)
Please do this! We rely on printed invoices to help us pull inventory from the warehouse, so having them automatically print when an order comes in would be ideal. We have evaluated one other desktop shipping software that does this fairly easily. I hoped ShipStation would be able to do this but I'm finding it difficult to even figure out how it might be possible. The suggestion the poster recommended for new rule actions was the first place I looked. Please add this!
soleenvy
First-timer (legacy)
This would be amazing. This would keep my warehouse team on task by automating the printing of labels. Please do this
dgb_michael
First-timer (legacy)
Be nice if you could just add this to the Automation Rules so it can be added by those who want it, and I would love to be able to have 2 copies print.
mark55
First-timer (legacy)
I presume you would have to know your shipping weight in advance to print shipping labels?
raylenci
First-timer (legacy)
Just to have the ability to simultaneously print a packing slip to a different printer, when a label prints would be great.
chris110
First-timer (legacy)
This would be crazy awesome.. Just imagine waking up to a stack of labels all ready to just fill and drop off instead of loading up ShipStation and selecting orders and all that stuff to print.. any order with issues could just be set aside and marked with a notification
sales536
First-timer (legacy)
Please add this feature so we don't have to change providers 😞
orders75
First-timer (legacy)
Please add this feature ASAP! I am switching from a competing product that does have this feature and while I love ShipStation I'm missing this badly right now. We used to just pick up packing lists from the printer and start working on them without needing to perform any extra steps or look for them. As it stands now we need to look for new orders and manually print orders. This also requires we keep track of which ones were already printed to avoid multiple printouts for each order. This is a super useful feature, and I really think you should make it a top priority. Thanks!