cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
info648
First-timer (legacy)
Currently, packing slips are a global setting applied to all stores. If you have multiple stores where some packing slips are 4 X 6 and some packing slips are 8 X 11, you need to change the account settings every time you print. Would be way more convenient to be able to assign the size of the packing slips by store so you don't have to constantly change the account setting.
22 Comments
unklesteve
First-timer (legacy)
Yes, please! I second this request! I have one store that ships from a warehouse that uses 4x6 labels instead of the 2 per page 8.5x11 labels that all my other stores use, and having to switch back and forth is a pain in the booty.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey @Steve Brown! Is there a business reason your other store uses a different format than your other stores?
info648
First-timer (legacy)
Hi Admin. The only difference between the two packing slips is the size. For the first store, we print the 4X6 packing slips with a 4X6 label together, so they print out in the same file. The second store uses a 4X6 label and an 8X11 packing slip, so every time we need to print from the second store we have to go change the settings and then change them back after we're done.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @csr, thank you for the update! I'm looking to fully understand what works and doesn't work for your business so the product team can properly prioritize this idea--so I hope you won't mind a few more questions. It looks like the thing that makes your two stores different is your second store's 8.5x11 packing slip. Do you find that you need more space on packing slips for your second store, or is there another obstacle that won't let you use the same format for both stores?
info648
First-timer (legacy)
One store does a lot of single, small items in first class packages so we use the 4X6 labels because 1) its faster when shipping since we print both packing slip and label at the same time in the same file, 2) the 4X6 takes up less space in the box than a full piece of paper and 3) We no longer have to marry a packing slip with a label, so that gets rid of a little bit of human error if the wrong packing slip/label is together. These orders don't require a lot of room as its typically one item per order and there are a lot more of these orders than the other store. It also saves us on ink since we print on a thermal printer. The other store uses the 8X11 slip because 1) these orders are a bit more involved and have a lot more information and all different types of items and quantities per order so we do need more room and 2) picking the items to ship is too difficult to read on a tiny label which can cause more errors. Hope that helps!
warehouse18dt
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin, we sell across multiple channels as 3rd party sellers, and we customize your stock packing slip to replicate (or at least come close to) each channels own packing slip, so that we can use an integrated packing slip/label, and not have to manually match up labels to packing slips. However, we can't do that for all channels, and so we definitely need the ability to select the proper packing slip size/label configuration. I would really like to see this implemented.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@plantlife - Thank for for all that beautiful detail! It's a solid real world example we can look into. @Daniel Teitelbaum Warehouse 18 - Thanks for chiming in! Are you not able to create and use a custom packing slip for all of your stores because the selling channel requires you to use a certain type, or is there another reason?
warehouse18dt
First-timer (legacy)
'@Admin - Exactly! Certain marketplaces/selling channels want their exact packing slips, not a shrunk down version on 4x6, but on 8.5x11 integrated slip/label it works out well, and they're ok with using that.
elevatedvaping
First-timer (legacy)
I have multiple businesses that I use Shipstation for. For my online store I print 4x6 packing slips with my labels. For my wholesale business I would love to be able to print 8.5 x 11 packing slips for a professional look. Having to change the settings each time is a PITA. We can already set custom packing slips per marketplace so how about custom sizing too. Thanks Shipstation!!!!
minyoung_ji
First-timer (legacy)
My request would be slightly different Please make changes to printing preferences USER specific and not global That would be much more preferential as each user may have a different packaging preference even within the same store. Example I prefer to have my labels come out with a pick slip Employee X - likes to pack with order invoices so would prefer to print only shipping labels It is a HUGE hassle to have to change this setting each time they or I are printing labels. Please implement as soon as possible!