cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Etsy shops failing to import orders for last 48hrs

dallowayplace
Contributor

Shipstations most basic feature of importing orders has been failing on several of our stores for the last 48hrs.

Some shops connect and import orders, some shops fail and report 'An error occurred attempting to update orders: We encountered an error communicating with Etsy. Please attempt to refresh the store in a few minutes.'

Attempting to reconnect to the marketplace and 'grant access' results in a blank page which fails to load beginning with the address "ss4.shipstation.com/api/monoauth/callback?auth_state...." 

It does this for all users, using multiple browsers, on multiple shops, in multiple locations around the world.

The shops failing to import sometimes change each day. One day shop X is connecting to import orders, hours later it is failing. We have contacted etsy who have assured us this is a shipstation problem and we agree since our stores are tied into another order management system which is importing the same shops without any problems.

We opened a support ticket but they failed to find a solution and marked solved. Their suggestion was that we had changed the names of our stores which caused the failure to connect on 50% of our marketplaces. Not sure why they think we would change half our shop names overnight, but we have changed nothing and most of these stores have been working fine for over 8 years.

We opened a chat but they have also failed to find a solution. They believe the error code 'An error occurred attempting to update orders: We encountered an error communicating with Etsy. Please attempt to refresh the store in a few minutes.' - is generic and could be almost anything. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

So our "leading web-based order management and shipping software" is currently paralyzing our business and this is now our third attempt at contacting customer support.

Does anyone at shipstation still care about actually solving customer problems?

2 REPLIES 2

aaron12
First-timer

We have the same issue occurring since last Thursday. Getting back minimal feedback other than reconnect marketplace which we have done several times, or speak to Etsy directly. This is certainly a ShipStation API issue and needs to be fixed ASAP

Howdy! 

I have checked in with my team and they let me know that a fix for etsy importing went out on Friday! I'm very hopeful that this resolved your importing troubles @dallowayplace

@aaron12 I see that you commented after this fix went out, if you don't already have one, please reach out to our support team directly via email or chat widget so that we can investigate directly in your account and see whats going on.

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!