cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEDEX refrence numbers on labels

Fezzari
New Contributor

I am in need of being able to create specific refrence numbers on only some of the FEDEX labels.  I understand that I can use the message 1 system to add a REF number to all of my Labels, but I only want specific labels to have specific codes in the REF line for billing and accounting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

so, im still not clear what you need. if you can explain in more detail maybe I can help. 

in shipstation the Custom Fields in an order get passed to Fedex as a ref. When i look at my Fedex bill i see that 

Shipstation Custom Field 1 = FedEx P.O.#

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

IP1999
Contributor

you can use automation rules. Which speicfic labels do you need to have which codes?

Fezzari
New Contributor

I just need fedex home/ground and possibly express labels to have specific codes for tracking cost codes.  Like in fedex ship manager you can fill out a field for the REFRENCE so you can track it through fedex billing.  From what i've seen and asked Shipstation help/staff they say I cant just write in REF codes for certain labels, but only all labels will have the REF number if I use the automation.

so, im still not clear what you need. if you can explain in more detail maybe I can help. 

in shipstation the Custom Fields in an order get passed to Fedex as a ref. When i look at my Fedex bill i see that 

Shipstation Custom Field 1 = FedEx P.O.#

Fezzari
New Contributor

Ah, that helps a ton.   You're explanation with your example is perfect!  I apologize about the wonky ways of saying it.   

Hello @Fezzari and @IP 1999, 

Thank you both so much for being a part of our community. We love to see members helping each other out like this! 

I am going to mark @IP 1999's response as the official solution to this post. Thank you for taking the time to share this information! 

Hope to see you both around the community! 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood Community Manager