cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing issues - labels print super small on a 4x6"

OTC_Eddie
Contributor

Hi fellow users. 

Does anyone have this issue, and any solutions? 

We use Shipstation Connect to our Dymo 4XL printer to print 4"x6" lables, and recently it started printing super small.  The image print size would fit 9 images on one label, which makes it un-usable. 

Tried uninstalling Shipstation connect, and re-installing, to no success. 

Current work around is download label to print via PDF Viewer or Browser. 

This is definitely a configuration or software error, but i can't seem to identify the fix. 

FYI background.  This worked yesterday.  No significant changes today, and suddenly this very weird issues. 

Thanks.   Eddie. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OTC_Eddie
Contributor

UPDATE...   Solution found. 

So we tried uninstalling and installing both our DYMO drives, and Shipstation Connect.  It didn't fix the issue, so it helped to eliminate this as an issue. 

After contacting Support,  the solution was the PRINTER PREFERENCE setting for Print Page size.  It defaults to a small label size, and need to setup to match the Label Size in Shipstation.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hey there @OTC_Eddie,

It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting which is fantastic to see! Just in case this helps go over anything that you haven't checked out yet, read through this article about Labels printing too big or too small

Regardless, we'd love to hear from any other community members that may have worked through this trouble already.

I hope this helps 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

OTC_Eddie
Contributor

Thanks @Moderator-Davis  .   

I've tried another round of trouble-shooting to no avail.
I've read through the article as well.  Updated drivers, and restarted all devices, and confirmed all settings. 

No Success.  

Would it matter if we used a MAC vs Windows? (at current we use a windows machine for out Shipstation processing).

@OTC_Eddie

Totally with you there my friend. MAC vs Windows could potentially make a difference. 

My recommendation would be to reach out to our live chat widget when you have a moment to do some live troubleshooting with our team. Of course you can mention the steps you've already attempted as well! 

We absolutely want to help ensure that your ShipStation Connect is operating as intended 🙂 

OTC_Eddie
Contributor

UPDATE...   Solution found. 

So we tried uninstalling and installing both our DYMO drives, and Shipstation Connect.  It didn't fix the issue, so it helped to eliminate this as an issue. 

After contacting Support,  the solution was the PRINTER PREFERENCE setting for Print Page size.  It defaults to a small label size, and need to setup to match the Label Size in Shipstation.   

Fantastic! 

Elated to hear that you were able to make the adjustments you need my friend! 

Happy shipping 🙂