cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate vs Carrier Fee

Craig
Occasional Contributor

What is the difference between Rate and Carrier Fee? We created a shipment of three boxes. After everything was selected, it showed the "Rate" as $113.01.Craig.PNG

Then, once the "Create & Print Label" button is pressed, it shows the Total Cost as $88.51.

Craig2.PNG

What did "Rate" mean before purchasing the label?

Then, after the order moves to Shipped status, "Rate" continues to show $113.01, even though that's not the cost. We need to add the "Carrier Fee" field to the view. Shouldn't "Rate" be the same thing? Why does "Rate" continue with the wrong information in the field?

Craig3.jpg

We just noticed this today and it's already become a major issue here. Obviously, I will be changing the views to eliminate the "Rate" field and replace it with the "Carrier Fee" one. But, can anyone shed any light onto why this is occurring?

5 REPLIES 5

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @Craig

Thank you for reaching out and for being a part of our community. Hopefully this has been resolved for you, but if you are still experiencing this I would recommend making sure that you have you have your negotiated rates enabled. If you are still experiencing this and have your negotiated rates enabled, I would recommend opening a ticket with support to look into this further. 

-Erin: Your Friendly Neighborhood ShipStation Community Manager 

Craig
Occasional Contributor

This happens about one out of every 100 orders or less. The rest of the time, when you click "Create and Purchase Label" the price remains the same. Why would it happen intermittently like that? We do NOT have negotiated rates enabled as we want ShipStation to display the retail price of the shipment which we then use for billing purposes.

Hello @Craig

Thanks for your patience and for getting back to me. 

If it is only happening intermittently I get it would be harder to pinpoint, but my best recommendation would be to keep track of them when they do happen and report to support. They can help take a look at the rates that are being returned in those instances. 

Craig
Occasional Contributor

Is there anything you can check on the two orders I showed above? One was in the Estimates store called Test081523 and the other was in the PPSync store with an order number of 72126.

Hello @Craig

I would actually not have the correct tools to look into this. I would recommend reaching out and provide this information directly to our support team as they will have the proper resources to look into this with you.