cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bengel
First-timer (legacy)
Allow custom package types, setup in SHIPPING > PACKAGES > Your Packaging, to be passed via the API. We import shipment data via API to Tableau reporting server. Having NULL values under package type makes it tough to report on volume for specific package types.
6 Comments
rich2
Occasional Contributor
I'm interested just based on ShipStation's comment alone. The more you can make available over the API, the less we have to post on the ideas forum for front-end requests.
patti1
First-timer (legacy)
This should not even be a request - it should already be included! What shipper would not want to know the quantity of the many different package types being used in order to run reports and have on hand the appropriate supplies?? If we can create something custom than it should be included in any report or API call - period. I don't think this is an unreasonable request or something that should be placed in a back log, this is a shipping program - give us all the shipping data we want and need. This also includes passing the carrier zone info. If that prints out on an insights report that it should also be passed via API call.
dave32
First-timer (legacy)
I'll show interest. We use custom packaging for many of our fulfillment clients. We also run our orders through a 3d packaging software which gives us the recommended boxes for shipment. There is no meaningful way for us to pass that info directly into your system so we're going to be hacking our posts to include that info (probably as a product) which sucks. It seems like a relatively simple option and would improve upon a refreshingly simple api.
development3
First-timer
Is this still something that can't be done via the API?
contact40
First-timer (legacy)
Any progress within the API to support custom package types?
dear-leader
New Contributor
I would love to see this added as well. Despite that we have 20+ custom package types added, I've been working around this hole in the API's functionality by only allowing the default package options to be saved to a product's package type field, which means the majority of products have a saved package type value of "package". This workaround is not only inconvenient, but it's broken many of our Automation Rules, most of which were relying on a product's "Package" field as a matching criteria. Now I need to figure out further workarounds.