cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcarson
Occasional Contributor

Our company sells through several channels, but Etsy is one of our larger ones. We are wanting to implement custom packing slips in ShipStation, but there is one basic functionality that is holding us back. The issue arises when an order comes through that has a different buyer and recipient name. This is important to us for gift orders, so the recipient knows who bought the gift. It properly shows the buyers username and email, but does not properly display the name. A lot of times the actual buyer can't be deciphered from the username and emails. The buyer name field is available in Etsy, and is even printed on Etsy packing slips. ShipStation has a variable for buyer name, but it imports the recipient name instead, and not the buyer's. I would love to see ShipStation work with Etsy to properly map the buyer name  variable in custom packing slips. 

3 Comments
SupplyChainShip
Occasional Contributor

This is an issue even outside of ETSY.  We are a firearms manufacture and are required to ship firearms to licensed gun stores, not direct to our customers homes.  The SHIP TO and SOLD TO information for our orders is different, but there is no way to reflect this on the packing slip.

Status changed to: New
Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

ken7
First-timer

We are having the same problem, there are no fields of mapping the Buyer Email, Buyer Phone number to the packing slip - the only thing I can get is the Buyers Name using custom fields which does nothing when you need to contact the buyer. Shipstation Tech support was no help when I called - every other shipping software this is not even an issue, Tech support said they really only focus on who the package gets shipped to. This is a huge mistake and problem when all of your clients are buying and shipping gifts.  Shipstation is already pulling in all this information for the Orders its simple to just add this code on their end but for whatever reason its been years and they won't do it.