cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim30
Occasional Contributor

I was directed to put in a feature request here, but I believe this is a bug. With the new FedEx International Connect Plus service, I am unable to ship multiple packages under one shipment. This works fine with International Priority and Economy, and I confirmed by getting a quote directly on the FedEx site that multiple packages can be shipped (and it is cheaper than sending them separately).  There is simply no option for multiple packages. 

13 Comments
AtwoodRopeMFG
Contributor

This is a problem for us too. Why can't we split a connect plus into multiple packages?

ryan4
First-timer

This needs to be implemented ASAP. There's a huge cost saving with multi-package shipments vs separate individual shipments.

tim30
Occasional Contributor

This should be considered a bug, not a feature request. This is basic functionality for shipping packages. It's frustrating that I have to go into FedEx directly to create multi-piece shipments for International Connect Plus when we can get quotes through the FedEx API just fine and we can generate the multi-piece shipments just fine. 

mark31
Occasional Contributor

We just started using Connect Plus and encountered this issue, like you say this should not be a feature request, it is part of their system already

AtwoodRopeMFG
Contributor

Has this been updated and functionality enabled?

tim30
Occasional Contributor

Almost a year and no change on this. This is not a "feature", this is something that should be supported just like every other FedEx shipping option that can have multiple packages in a single shipment. This has been a big hassle for us. 

It would also be nice if they changed "Smartpost" to "Ground Economy" in Shipstation to match FedEx's new naming, but that's a whole different issue. At least they somehow managed to add the USPS Ground Advantage as soon as that was offered. I wish they'd put the same effort into keeping FedEx updated. 

mark31
Occasional Contributor

I still submitted a support ticket on my side to see if it gets any new attention. I'll update you with whatever they say.

mark31
Occasional Contributor

Well, I got a response back that it is not supported by ShipStation (which of course we all know), after some back and forth and me asking many questions about this and why,  I got this:

"This feature was supported at first but was removed because it is no longer supported in ShipStation. The reason is that it is no longer supported in ShipStation."

So don't get your hopes up, I don't think they have any interest in working with this. We are strongly considering switching to a different company.

Good luck

tim30
Occasional Contributor

Ah, it's not supported because it's not supported. That's some great help there Shipstation....

We've been using International Connect pretty much since it was released by FedEx and Shipstation has never supported multiple packages from what we've seen. 

mark31
Occasional Contributor

Shipstation, this needs to be fixed.  We have to switch to the FedEx software to ship FedEx International Connect Plus shipments.  Why won't you let us use this service with multiple packages???