cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
admin200
First-timer (legacy)
Line-items properties in Shopify typically represent item options, such as special instructions (e.g., the text for an inscription). These are automatically imported to ShipStation as part of the line-item's [Item Options] field, which can optionally displayed on Packing Slip Templates. Sometimes, however, these are used for internal communications between e.g. Shopify apps. To support this, Shopify themes have a built-in convention where line-item properties prefixed with an underscore (e.g., _internalOption) are hidden from the customer: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/get-customization-information-for-products#hi... Unfortunately, while these will be hidden on Shopify, they will be displayed on packing slips as part of the [Item Options] property (alongside valid customer options). Ideally, ShipStation would either a) remove these when importing orders from Shopify, or b) hide these when displaying the [Item Options] field. (Acknowledging the latter would affect all customers, not just Shopify customers, and thus may be too invasive).
16 Comments
admin200
First-timer (legacy)
Note: This is similar to (albeit more specific than) the following previous proposals, which relate to other scenarios where customers would like the ability to remove or break out line-item properties. Given this, there may also be room for a more general solution, such as breaking down line-item properties into an array that can be accessed by key in the Packing Slip Templates. Shopify Line Item Properties for Filters and Automations http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/13470537-shop... Stop Importing Irrelevant Order Information as "Internal Notes" From Magento http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/10495626-stop... Filter out shopify coupons from line items http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/12366750-filt...
valerie
First-timer (legacy)
We are in a similar situation and would like to see this feature - for example we have a "hidden" item that is a Monogram Addition using the Bold Product Options app in Shopify. The monogram addition gets added as a line item to customs forms, etc, that we have to manually remove.
Not applicable
Hi I have been trying to figure out a way to remove line item options that are prefixed with an underscore from my packing slips. Just bumping this up as I haven't seen anything related lately. Hope
ross1
First-timer (legacy)
Same as Walnutstudiolo below... We have Bold Options as well and it looks pretty nasty on our packing slips. Would love to have this worked out!
ben19
First-timer
My commenting here is like a hail-mary. Maybe if I have enough faith the shipstation gods will grant me my wish. It would be so awesome if you could just specific a specific option in the packing slip. For example: [Item Option NAME] where NAME is whatever the option name is, and if no option exists with that, of course it would just print nothing. I hate that I cannot organize my packing slip with specific option information to a column, and instead am relegated to putting all information into a single column which is just horrible.
ben19
First-timer
I really wish this feature were implemented. It seems like it would be trivial to just have [Item Options - NAME] to be able to select a specific item option by name in the template.
shallablack
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed! This would be so helpful for the packing slips but also for pick lists!
ben19
First-timer
Just wanted to say, here we are again in 2020, still asking for this simple yet powerful feature. Each year around this time, I giddily think to myself, maybe Shipstation will make my Christmas dreams come true this year!! And then, that small, precious, fragile dream is crushed by the reality that, Yes, Virginia, Shipstation just doesn't give a !@#$ about this feature :( What is needed is the ability to say [Item Option - SOME KEY] in the template and only output that option value. Please, please, please for the love of businesses everywhere, make this happen! Having only the ability to export ALL OPTION VALUES AT ONCE or NOTHING makes no sense!!!
alicia
First-timer (legacy)
We really need this feature - we use up to 10 line item properties for custom monogramming on our products & the packing slips get very cluttered with all of the internal Shopify IDs that are in line item properties. Attaching an example packing slip. Ideally we would be able to hide all of the highlighted fields on the packing slip.
ken7
First-timer
Yes my client is having the same issue when using a third party gift wrapping/multiple shipping app. having all the extra code in addition to the name of the items creates a mess for both the person fulfilling the orders and the customer. This really should be sorted out considering how many folks are now using shopify.