cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shipping168
First-timer (legacy)

Hi, We use ShipStation domestically only. ShipStation doesn't have the ability to ship international orders when the individual commodity's are worth more than $2500.00 without additional customs documents. When we signed up for ShipStation we were under the impression that everything was handled through ShipStation until we were contacted by the carriers seeking customs documents. Please add support for EEI filing through the carriers to fix this. For international shipments we have been forced to ship through the individual carriers, fixing this issue would bring a lot more business to ShipStation. There is a demand for this! Who has time to Vote on "Fresh Ideas" when you're busy filling out Customs Documents? 

15 Comments
credfield
First-timer (legacy)
Dealing with this issue right now so the ability to have EEI filing support in ShipStation is still a need
npapps
First-timer (legacy)
Same here. We really need this functionality and I am worried that this request is from 2017 and it is still not available. In our case, we work with FedEx and have to spend hours inputting data to generate the EEI documentation.
cody3
First-timer (legacy)
An area for FTR Exemption codes would be nice as well for items under $2500 that do not require an EEI number depending on what the product is or value. http://www.fedex.com/us/electronic-export-information/ftr-chart.html
Status changed to: Investigating
SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

tlw
New Contributor

Agree with OP - this is a major, long-standing deficiency. It should have progressed far beyond In Consideration in 4+ years!

BalticNetworks
Regular Visitor

@SuperMgr-Sarah any update?

Cthermo
Occasional Contributor

So what is the update on Export EEI integration in ShipStation???

We export ship every day and NOT having this as part of ShipStation is a real time waste.  In addition, ShipStation does NOT NOTIFY you that your shipment is over $2500 and would need an EEI.  ShipStation lets you complete a shipment in violation of US Law!  I caught this as a new employee in our shipping area was entering a shipment in front of me and I quietly was waiting for some error message or warning to pop up alerting to the fact that an export shipment over $2500 needed an EEI.  NOPE.  She was about to click generate a label when I stopped her.  Having to manually be alert to this and go over to the UPS, DHL, or FedEx portals and enter the shipment separately is a road block.  Not alerting customers to a violation of US Law is serious neglect and a liability for all involved including ShipStation.  The fines for this violation are significant.

I do want to say, overall, I love Shipstation.  It has saved us a lot of time and mistakes in data entry.  Just fix the holes that your customers have pointed out would go a long way to make it almost perfect.  Unfortunately, I have seen several bugs or feature "holes" linger for years, even over a decade.  There is not much excuse for that.

Hey there @Cthermo

I am checking into this on my end. Your patience is certainly appreciated while I investigate on my end. 

When I have any updates, I will reach out again on this thread 🙂 

Gwood
New Contributor

Please add this feature!  It is such an inconvenience to have to separate our shipping data for orders over $2500 for world wide shipping.

Cthermo
Occasional Contributor

This issue was first posted back in October 2017.  Yes, almost 6 YEARS AGO.  The status was changed to "Investigating" in November 2021.  Here we are at the end of March 2023 and still no update or change to a serious missing part in Shipstation.  There are serious Federal penalties ($$$) for shipping or exporting items of $2500 in value or greater without filling an EEI through the US Federal Government.  When you use FedEx or UPS or DHL or USPS to export an item with combined value greater than $2500, you are directed to file an EEI or the shipment process will not go further.  Shipstation lets you go through the whole process without a single warning which is letting the un-informed shipper violate federal regulations.  This should be on the top of the developers list of items to fix.  Six years with a known serious issue still around is frankly shocking.