cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
krzysztof
First-timer (legacy)
Could we get royal mail tracking within shipstation? As far as I am aware there is a RM tracking API which allows pulling this information without going to the RM tracking page. Royal mail also offers delivery tracking for the 24 and 48 service which does not require signature. It would be great to have tracking information for these parcels too or at least the parcel number populated in the tracking field. Currently we have to take this from the label manually.
21 Comments
jd
First-timer (legacy)
We would like to be able to include the Royal Mail Reference number for untracked services (CRL) within ShipStation so that we can provide these numbers to our customers for partial tracking. It is far too time and labour intensive for the number of orders we process to manually mark orders as shipped and include that information in the tracking field there.
sales253
First-timer (legacy)
This is a vital requirement for Shipstation users who ship by Royal Mail. We need Royal mail also offers delivery tracking for the 24 and 48 service which does not require signature. At the moment we have to print the label to a PDF and then copy and paste the tracking number from the PDF document and paste it into Ship station tracking number. This takes long time when there are a high volume of orders to ship and is prone to mistakes.
hello83
First-timer (legacy)
Lack of access to the tracking for Royal Mail 24 and 48 services is what is stopping us from being able to use Shipstation currently. If we generate RM24 and 48 labels using shipstation we lose all access to the delivery confirmation tracking information that is available as standard with the services directly through Royal Mail. This is a real shame.
hello83
First-timer (legacy)
I would also love to see this please!
tjobbe
First-timer (legacy)
As far as I'm aware Royal Mail are waiting on Shipstation to sign up to RM's terms and conditions. Desperate to see this being done.
sales214
First-timer (legacy)
Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48 services allow for free SMS/Email notifications from Royal Mail to the customer relating to tracking events. These are provided by Royal Mail as long as the customer contact number and email are provided to Royal Mail. The current shipstation Royal Mail integration does not automatically push customer contact details/email to Royal Mail automatically. There is a workaround, which involves manually entering contact details for each order. This is not practical for large numbers of orders. It would be good if this could happen automatically, so that one would just have to select a setting within the integration that will send the details for each order.
help6
First-timer (legacy)
Despite the service not being tracked all the way through the system customers need to be made aware that their shipment has been sent with the reference number provided by RM. Without providing even a tracking number to acknowledge that it is in the postal system there is a good chance the customer will be anxious about their order. By providing this reference number they are at least reassured that the package has been sent and that avoids issues for the retailers using this system. I think it would be advisable to incorporate this feature asap as it is a no-brainer in terms of the convivence for any online shop / e-commerce store using the shipstation service. It still acts as a tracking number, it acknowledges the sender has sent the item and that the recipient has received the item. If ShipStation can provide tracking automatically for every other service surely itรข€™s not hard to program it for RM 24/48 CRL. If it is not done soon I think we will search for another provider that does have this feature.
IBee
New Contributor
Zenstores tell me they can do this, so I'm sure it must be do-able. This is a show stopper for me and means I can't use shipstation. Potential customer lost.
admin62
New Contributor
We need this now please!
admin62
New Contributor
Yep, get this now please!