cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tisatreasure
First-timer (legacy)
Would love to see a report for sales tax paid by shipped to state.
122 Comments
sellersavings
Occasional Contributor
This is very necessary.
sellersavings
Occasional Contributor
This would be a heavenly sent feature!
sellersavings
Occasional Contributor
Almost all professional sellers collect sales tax. This is 100% a necessary add on.
jr_johnson
First-timer
TaxJar.com has helped me as an Etsy seller with bridging the gap right now. VERY promising service. $9.99/mo. but worth if you have enough volume.
sellersavings
Occasional Contributor
This has tons of votes and yet they still did NOT implement this! SIckening! Shipstation asks us to vote on important features, and then they IGNORE issues that have many votes! Obviously this voting thing is a scam! Someone seriously needs to be fired!
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi all! I wanted to give you a walkthrough on how getting this data is possible for most of you with some new features in the new ShipStation. 1.) Create a filter for the state(s) in which you collect sales tax. Save this filter. 2.) When it comes time for sales tax, go into that filter, and filter it further by selecting the date range for which you need to report sales tax. For instance, in Texas, we'd select the previous quarter's months. 3.) Now, go into Other Actions -> Export, and export your data to a CSV file. 4.) Sum the Order Total and Tax Paid columns to get the total amount of sales and sales tax you collected in that time period. We realize this is not a complete solution as tax rules can be tricky and vary by state. That's why we're keeping this request open. Hopefully, the above steps will help some of you when it comes time for submitting your sales tax. For those of you who have more complicated sales tax to submit, one of our partners, TaxJar (http://www.taxjar.com) may be able to help.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hey all, I wanted to give you an update that should hopefully make things easier for you come tax time if you collect sales tax from your customers. We've opened up the "Tax Paid" field in both the grid on the Orders page and in the available fields for filters (and thus, it's also available for automation rules), so you can easily find orders and create filters or rules to find which of your orders included sales tax that was paid by your customers. If you pair this with the export tool, it should make filing your sales tax returns that much easier. Since it's not a true "Sales Tax Report", we'll still keep this request open.
bw153624
First-timer
Thank you! Although a report would be welcome, this method worked (and saved me a bunch of time and effort)!
admn_lebombshop
First-timer (legacy)
Hi Guys. I would really love to be able to create a report that provided me with a "TOTAL ORDERS BY STATE." Ideally I would like a simple report where I could see the what states I am selling to more than others. This type of information would be most helpful in determining where our inventory would be best positioned within the country when we are considering multiple fulfillment warehouse locations. ......just a thought 🙂
thegadgetdoctor
First-timer (legacy)
Yes please. Would love this feature for Ebay and Amazon.