cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance communication issue to sendle

Rose
First-timer

Does anyone else have the issue where if they opt to add extra insurance to their package within Shipstation, it doesn't communicate it to sendle? I send products that are valued higher than sendles standard $200 coverage, sendle allow you to add additional insurance however when I enter in the value I want to be insured in shipstation, it doesn't communicate that information to sendle which in turn means my parcels are not covered for their full value. I also am not able purchase the label through shipstation, then head to my sendle portal and edit the shipment to add the insurance. The only way I can add insurance to the parcel is to create the order in sendles portal which defeats the purpose of using shipstation. 

I also have this issue with shipstation not communicating to sendle that I do NOT give them authority to leave the parcel. This information also doesn't communicate to sendle meaning parcels are being left at front doors without signatures etc. 

1 REPLY 1

A_Brown
Contributor

Yes, we have a custom store and Shift4Shop integrated with Shipstation and the insurance fee does not post back to those stores.  It's frustrating because we want to see the total shipping costs for profit/margin analysis.

I asked Shipstation if a different website platform would correct this issue and they said no.  Hopefully, they will find a way to map that or simply build that into the shipping cost field.