cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
payment
Occasional Contributor
We require certain information exported into excel from shipstation for our fulfillment company's manifest. All the information is available on shipstation, but there is currently no way to select specific fields and export ONLY those fields. It's a huge time suck to format a full excel export to the right cells and view as we require, and I have tried adding the required fields into a custom view and exporting that, but not everything is available as an option (which is odd, because this is all info that you have the data for, so I don't understand why I can't make the view with all of it - I've come close, but there's always a couple fields missing). I have managed to do the exports but they seem to always be missing something - the two options, order items and orders have 'most' of that info, but not all - and certainly haven't found a way to do only the columns I would like. Ideally if I could choose these items in a custom 'view' then export that view, it would make things easy. I can get the view to have ALMOST everything (currently I've managed one that has everything except the Ship to Street address, city, zip, and country of origin) but there seems to be no way to export that specific view with those specific columns. I don't really understand why we can't add all the data that's currently available in Shipstation into the view. It seems odd that the column options are missing certain data fields that exist in other views and reporting features. It would allow more companies to fulfill their manifest requirements with less resources if we were all able to choose what information we wanted in an exported report.
5 Comments
payment
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, while this helps and has the info needed, it's not an awesome solution since it requires me to filter through and delete a ton of cells whereas providing users with the functionality of straight up selecting what data fields they'd like the report to generate would mean no post-processing. Time is money so it's a considerable amount of time that it takes me to remove all the unwanted cells, and then move the columns around to the order I require them for different customs manifest requirements 🙂
payment
Occasional Contributor
Hi there, Thanks for responding. I've looked at your recommendation but the issue I've now come up with is that in the reports, the "Orders" raw data export seems to have all fields, but the "shipped orders" one does not. Namely what's missing from the Shipped Orders one is what the item that was shipped is! You can do "shipped items" but then you're missing the information about the customer. Why would a raw data export be missing data fields? So my only option right now seems to be one of the raw data exports - which is a misnomer since as a 'raw data' it should, in theory, have all the data fields. The problem this causes, as I'm sure you can appreciate, is that I have to guess the date range of the orders (we have some shops that have a 2 week production turn around while others have 3-5 business days) and generate the custom date range, then filter out anything that wasn't shipped on the date I'm trying to create my customs manifest for. There has got to be a better way to do this - we wasted a stupid amount of time trying to get the information we needed and it's absolutely a brutal way of doing things. Please could you add all the raw fields to the Shipped Orders raw data export - given that it's meant to be raw data. One would think that the modifier in those reports would dictate what orders get shown, not what data fields get eliminated. Hoping you can help or suggest a better way to do this. Shipping 35 items today took 2 hours.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks for those updates! I took a deeper look and found your ticket with the fields you’re looking for. Have you looked into creating a custom format for your exports? I think this will natively get you 90% of what you're looking for. You can create customized exports by clicking on “Create custom format” (all exports have this option, but you'll want to use "Export order line items" on the orders page). This will allow you to rearrange and even rename fields you're looking to export. Once you're there, check the "Show advanced options" box--now you'll have most of the fields you're looking for including shipping service, shipping address, order weight, and order value (or order total). For the last field, item description, one option is to use the reporting category for your descriptions. This will fill in the "Items - Category". This article goes over product categories: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639217 This one includes visuals of the export process: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638777 This should help you get your data faster, and please let us know here if this isn't the data you're trying to get at.
kincreative
First-timer (legacy)
I realise this is an old post however i have just hit the same snag i believe. I am trying to export a csv file for Australia Post as i dont have a an eParcel account with them to be able to integrate the API. Long story short i have to export all the data out of my marketplace, do a heap of copy paste cell by cell, having to completely bypass Ship Station until i copy the tracking numbers back into it which pretty well defeats the purpose. If i could just have custom column options i could lay it out exactly column by column so i export straight from ship station into aus post without any hassle whatsoever, i just need to have access to more data columns and custom columns Column format in the attached CSV
Status changed to: Under Review
SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee