cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
ovi-mandy
First-timer

I would like to suggest when large orders are split into several different shipments, that each label have "1 of 6" or 2 of 9" or something to let the carriers know there is more than 1 bundle/package in the shipment so that fewer packages get lost in transit/during delivery.

We lose a lot of product without that information on the label.

3 Comments
pactoolmounts
First-timer

I second this.   I'm converting from V-technology Starship.  That software has the feature to print box 1 of 4 for example.  Not only on the shipping label, but on the packing list as well.  I'm very suprised that shipstation does not have the cabability.  i asked for support on this, but they were unable to help.  Many of our shipments go out in multiple box shipments.

info86
Occasional Contributor

Ditto.

The previous split shipment flow would at least append a "-#" to the end of the order number to help match up packing slips and labels.  Now that's gone.

For example, in the previous flow, if I had order #1000 and I split it, I would have two orders:
#1000 and #1000-1

That made it easy to match up what goes in each package with the correct label.  Now that's missing. I messaged support and they told me to suggest the idea here.  I'm not sure why they removed that functionality.

robr
New Contributor

I'd recommend to SS Devs that this be its own field / column, to allow both display on the label & use in exporting, filtering, and reporting.  A Split # field would allow you to specifically identify orders which have been split from other orders, which has practical implications for freight analysis, picking/packing analysis, and auditing for duplicate orders.