cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARCreef
Contributor

My suggestion is to go opensource, put the code up on Github and allow the entire community to give feedback and feature requests that will actually get done. Feature requests and bugs will get assigned a slot and the progress can be tracked.

Opensource would allow you to save tons of money.  It's clear SS is struggling with coding a stable platform.  Open it up for the community to help.  You can retain 1 or 2 coders if you want or just let the open source community do it for free. I dont know how many engineers or coders you have but I can tell you 100% it's not enough or they are not qualified enough or maybe just lacking the passion for this project.  With open source we all contribute, features would be added in days, not years, all the issues of this new version could be worked out in a few days.  This V is like 4 years old and still not much has been fixed.  It's time for a new approach.   I know admittedly nothing about coding but I use github for multiple projects and it's been amazing.  I really think it could help make ship station the platform that it's meant to be, let it be great, let your baby soar!  Every one of us wants ShipStation to succeed, no one is against going with the new version, we just need to make the fixes to make it usable. 

4 Comments
sales244
Contributor

Shipstation already has an API that is pretty user friendly.  I use it to rip info from SS and feed into my bookkeeping system.  I think there is a minimum plan tier to use it, but it's there and it works well for some purposes.  I don't use it for label creation/etc. because the existing interface is usually good enough for my purposes once I figure out workarounds for whatever doesn't currently work (i.e. when they change versions).

ARCreef
Contributor

Thank you for letting me know that, had no idea.   Does SS have any map anywhere where they let the community know when something in the program is fixed or changed?  The only thing I could find is the ideas thing, where someone submits a feature request, people vote and then it stays pending for 5 years.  I know they make changes are alterations but is there somewhere, one single place where they state all fixes and changes or is that just a dream?  I have so many issues going on with the new version and I am looking for 1 page to see if they are recognizing the issue and issuing anything like "fix in progress" under consideration" fixed"

I know everyone is seaching around for another option but the sad truth is that there really isn't any so Id like to watch or partisipate in getting all the issues that I at least can see, fixed.  Anyway thank you for your reply.

sales244
Contributor

They have a blog where they post updates:
https://community.shipstation.com/t5/Blog/bg-p/blog