cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smushaben
Occasional Contributor

I do like how smooth and modern the "left" side of the order screen is. While the old layout was fine, aesthetically it was a bit outdated. The new Cost Review "pop-up" is a nice touch and I like the orange alerts on full display, instead of having to click it to see an error messsage.

However

While the layout of the Shipment Details and Configure side will take some time to get used to, the entire order screen is way too large. It's very obstrusive and takes up an unnecessarily large amount of space. A simple function for a small adjustment arrow to show up on the sides/corners would be easy fix. It lets those who like the layout to keep as-is while the others can adjust it accordingly. I don't see why this idea wouldn't work. We're the ones working on the screen, let us customize it to our preference. I feel like ShipStation already has tons of customization built in, why not add more? Lastly, all of the clickable elements being a bright blue is nice, I can't help but feel their placement is a tad short-sighted. My eyes are immediately drawn to them because they are smack dab in the middle of the screen, and the rest of the layout is so devoid of color, those clickable elements become very distracting. 

All in all I do not think this is a bad layout change, but it desperately needs a few QOL tweaks. Even making these configurable options in the settings would be perfect. There's, literally, no harm in including them. Thank you.