cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize WooCommerce Order Note

SarahATX

Original post from user Shelley Tomich

Is there a way (via WC or SS) to customize the order note automatically added?   For example, I don't always use tracking and this note is misleading.

WC-ordernotes.png

1 REPLY 1

SarahATX

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our integration with WooCommerce. I checked into how ShipStation is communicating that information with WooCommerce and how the note is formed, and based on what I've found we would not be able to customize the appearance of that note from the ShipStation side of things.

When notifying WooCommerce of a shipment, ShipStation makes an API call to the WooCommerce-ShipStation plugin file installed to your WooCommerce store. This API call includes all the individual components of the shipment information - like carrier, service and tracking number - and the plugin uses these individual components when constructing the note that appears in the WooCommerce order.

The WooCommerce-ShipStation plugin is developed by WooThemes, the same team behind WooCommerce, so it may benefit you to reach out to the WooCommerce Support team directly with this feedback, they may know of additional customization or changes which could be made which would alter how that note appears on your orders.