cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catherine4
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them in.
39 Comments
GORGSALES
First-timer (legacy)
We want the ability to change the name of our batches. We use the batches to separate orders that are to be grouped together for delivery to multiple events. Different shipping classes and work projects. We have wanted this feature for over 2 years. We would like this soon! !
GORGSALES
First-timer (legacy)
I agree this is the single biggest flaw with ship station. Imagine being a parent and naming your children a progressive series of numbers. This would be confusing! That's why children are name unique and meaningful words. My daily business operations would run much smoother if Shipstation allowed me to rename batches. I've thought so for probably two years now!
GORGSALES
First-timer (legacy)
The batch notes are not helpful. We use the order notes but they are still low visibility.
jbn2057
First-timer (legacy)
Agreed!
laz
Occasional Contributor
If I could nickname open label batches, that would be INCREDIBLY USEFUL!
heather7
First-timer (legacy)
for high volume shipping this would be a HUGE improvement. Since this was opened in 2014 I'm wondering if Shipstation can comment on whether they have any plans to implement this?
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @hm, thanks for checking in on this one. We're still reviewing renaming batches. Can you tell us more about how your batches are sorted and how you would like to rename them?
teaganwh
First-timer (legacy)
I batch things according to the type of items ordered, or what packaging they'll fit into. For example, I create one batch for posters that will be shipped in tubes, one for prints that ship in rigid mailers, one for small items that ship in bubble mailers, etc. I may also batch according to the specific product (if all orders are posters, have a batch for each different poster), whatever seems to make sense at the time to streamline my packaging process. I usually have a lot of batches open at once since there are many variables that are always changing depending on what I'm selling, and currently I have to have a text document open on my computer to tell me what batch number is which type of item, since I can't just rename the batch!
Kamala
First-timer (legacy)
exactly the same as I mentioned before and as Catherine1 has mentioned, when we are sorting products, we are sorting them in our minds by the NAME of the products, not a NUMBER of a batch. We literally have to memorize which number represents which batch, every single day. If we could append the batch number with a word or simply rename it, it would drastically improve the quality of life.
chris34
First-timer (legacy)
Oh... my... god.... PLEASE DO THIS!