cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catherine4
First-timer (legacy)
The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them in.
39 Comments
chelsea3
First-timer (legacy)
Imagine you can actually name the batches vs. having the #'ed batches? We have so many batches going at one time for various reasons: ie. "asap" or "ship in feb" or "discounted" and we'd really love to be able to name them vs. randomly numbered.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@Chris – At this time we don’t have an ETA as we’re constantly juggling projects, but any feedback you and other users provide can help push the priority of this idea. We'll be sure to update the idea here when there is news to share. @CHELSEA –Each batch you create will increment your batch number by 1. For example, if you’re just starting out with ShipStation and have done a few batches, you may have batch # 100006. The next batch you create will be 100007. Hopefully this information will help the batch numbers seem less random and chaotic. With both of those things being said, how are you using batches? There are batch notes you can add from the Batches section of the Shipments page, are those not very helpful?
chelsea3
First-timer (legacy)
We're using batches to organize outgoing orders that are different from each other in terms of when they are shipping and also discounted orders vs non discounted.
npchappell
First-timer (legacy)
I would like to rename my batch to correspond with the lot code on the food being shipped for easy traceability
ezra_w
First-timer (legacy)
Please make this necessary adjustment asap!
mw
New Contributor
Yes please, it should be an easy update, cause you "only" need to place an alias with the batches, the internal Bath id will be the same... :-) we would love this "feature" and not having them keeps us from using batches now. We thought it would be possible to rename them and search for any way to do it, well we all know it isn't 🙂 Well not yet, the guys at shipstation are our heroes, so do hero stuff, again!
info789
First-timer (legacy)
If batches are created as a generic use (meaning every user can determine how they can make best use of a batch), then the user should be able to label that batch how they like. To be honest, it's inconceivable to think that this feature was added without the ability to name it. Imagine any application on your desktop or mobile device that allows you to create a folder, but doesn't allow you to name it. Instead, you're stuck with "Folder 01", "Folder 02", etc. Makes no sense.
Jayadev
First-timer (legacy)
we use batches to sort product for streamlined organization, I have joined this company with goals to create a mature organizational model, we need to be able to name or tag batches, I want to be able to make batches more organized
sales18
First-timer (legacy)
Adding my comments to this suggestion as well. I need to rename my batches in order to make my process so much smoother when I process orders each day THIS IS A MUST !!! more than 2 years and no response I hope you can add this soon because we are considering to switch to other tools,
tolittlearrows
First-timer (legacy)
Would love to be able to name our batches.