cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jared6
First-timer (legacy)
Need the ability for the automation rules to see multiple item orders. So you can create logic that IF it includes this SKU and also this SKU it will process these rules. This should be able to be done for as many items in the order. The current automation rules do not work well if you have multiple skus that get sold together in a shopping cart.
47 Comments
jared6
First-timer (legacy)
Are you sure this works? This is exactly how I've set them up and they never process correctly. For example an order will have multiple line items. One line per SKU. I put Item SKU Equals XXXX and then add a second criteria Item SKU Equals XXXX and this never processes correctly. Please confirm.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
My apologies Jared, I just ran a test and you're correct, it doesn't appear that the logic is set up that way. I'm going to leave this open to collect votes so that it can gain traction with the product team. Please keep an eye out here for any updates on progress.
shipping179
First-timer (legacy)
Please listen to this request, long term it would be very useful to be able to have Item Name and Sky filters that work regardless of number of items in the cart. Much appreciated!
consumer
First-timer (legacy)
I agree. This would help streamline a lot of orders that we have to create many rules for.
natalia
First-timer (legacy)
We were hoping to utilize automations to put orders on hold that contain certain keywords within the item names. Having multi-item orders included would make things much easier since we currently have to manually place them on hold as they are not affected by our automation rule.
nick39
First-timer (legacy)
This is a big issue in our workflow. We like to base a lot of our shipping decisions on what SKUs have been ordered and for some reason shipstation doesn't iterate over ever item ordered when using automations with criteria that specify a SKU. For example: If I create an automation based off of a SKU, say "Item SKU contains abcd" the automation will only trigger if the first item ordered contains 'abcd' in the SKU. If someone orders 2 items and the second item contains the SKU 'abcd', the automation won't even fire. This really seems like a coding error, as in, the developers simply didn't think of this use case when coding the shipstation application. Development oversights like this could easily push bigger small businesses to another shipping solution
catalystmints
First-timer (legacy)
Basic feature that you would think would be included in this software. Automation rules that can't check if an order contains an item SKU or item name is ridiculous.
lukingforthetru
First-timer (legacy)
Would really appreciate this functionality as well. I have automation filters that are supposed to go in effect "if item sku contains" but if the item sku in shipstation reads "multiple items" it doesn't get filtered.
richard12
First-timer (legacy)
This should be top priority!!!!
ops6
First-timer (legacy)
We would like this fixed as well, as our goal with automation rule logic is to carve out orders with certain SKUs. But this breaks as soon as the order contains more than one item. One workaround we found is to tag the products (and by that token, the order) that you want to include/exclude from a rule and look for the tag. But this introduces WAY more order tags than necessary especially if your inventory is sizeable.