cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wheeler
First-timer (legacy)
ShipStation is a great tool for shipping items but it shouldn't force all orders to be paid before they are shipped. We ship a lot of orders that are "paid" by purchase order and having to mark them as paid in ShipStation in order to ship them creates accounting issues. When we pull the orders Into Quickbooks, they come across as paid and we have no automated way of tracking unpaid invoices. I like the idea of identifying orders in ShipStation that are not paid but let me decide if I want to ship them!
74 Comments
betterplace
New Contributor
I sometimes fall into the trap of thinking that ShipStation or my multichannel inventory solutions are also accounting applications. I have to remind myself that they are not, and I have to make sure that my net 30 customers have to be tracked elsewhere, outside of ShipStation. WIth many of my channels, unpaid orders eventually get paid and ShipStation is notitifed and it moves awaiting shipment, but the manual orders I enter in with Net 30 terms I just set as paid so that they ship.
ryan65
First-timer (legacy)
Our problem is also that we ship on purchase order and there isn't a good way to ship the order and track the payment without creating a work around in either shipstation or our order management system.
tim_h
First-timer (legacy)
Has this been re-addressed since September/October of last year? We are running into issues with this now. We allow certain customers to have NET 30 terms, but we can't ship these orders via shipstation because they are technically unpaid. Maybe I should look at Shipping Easy which also works with Stitch Labs?
darren7
First-timer (legacy)
We fully support the need to flag items that were shipped on account. We ship most of our shipments to customers who have 30 day payment terms. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to identify these shipments as unpaid when they come into quickbooks (via cloud cart connect). Currently we are required to input a "paid date" when creating an order. We would like to turn off this requirement if possible, and ADD a way to note that the shipment was made on credit, and needs to be invoiced/collected. Getting that information into our Quickbooks data feed is critical. Please help!!
shipping42
First-timer (legacy)
Nope, that wouldn't do it. I tried working with SS Support to add an order tag, but that just gives 'em better viz, it doesn't actually allow me to send them without marking 'em as "Paid", which they aren't.
operations14
First-timer (legacy)
We also ship orders that are given payment terms of 30 to 60 days. I have to manually let the warehouse know to look for these orders in Awaiting Payment, as I'm uncomfortable with just marking them as paid, so they go into Awaiting Shipment. The potential for improved workflow for many business is huge.
sales255
First-timer (legacy)
We sell on terms of Net 30. SS requires we falsely "mark as paid" in order to ship the item. We'd like to start using their Quickbooks Integration, but marking unpaid orders as paid is a bookkeeping nightmare. Can't understand why SS requires an order be marked paid in order to ship. Request button to "Ship as Unpaid" in order to move it to the Awaiting Shipment tab.
sam34
First-timer (legacy)
I am beyond stunned that shipstation doesn't support generating labels for orders in 'Awaiting Payment' status. That makes shipstation essentially unusable for B2B sales as the overwhelming majority of these transactions are paid for not upfront, but at an agreed to later date. The practice of giving 'terms' on orders is not unique, or new, and needs to be supported by shipstation to make it a truly scalable shipping management platform. As is, the process of order fulfillment to clients whom receive any sort of payment terms is an incredibly manual, tedious process, as opposed to the automated timesaver it should be if it were to be supported by shipstation.
kyle10
First-timer (legacy)
We also use Magento and desperately need this. We ship a lot of orders on NET 30 terms. Warren K states "you can ship unpaid orders from the unpaid orders area, you just need to click "verify address" first. I've done this before." However, I don't see any option to print the label after verifying address.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
Hi @samlerner. When you mark these orders as paid, is there a criteria that you see that would make these orders move into Awaiting Shipment? Also, would all orders in Awaiting Payment be ready to ship upon their import into ShipStation?